CHAPTER 7: alone with him

Waking up in headspace is something I've gotten used to. Sunny is nowhere to be found. I climb down the ladder, No Sunny.

"Sunny? Sunny, where are you?" I call out.

No answer.

"Sunshine!?! Please answer me! Sunny!?!"

I run to the garden to see if he is missing. He is sitting on the picnic blanket, being held down by Kel, he eats a cookie while waiting for Kel to let him go. He looks a bit scared.

I sigh in relief.

A spider sits in the middle of the blanket. Hero looks terrified, Basil is patting his back as a way of comforting him. Sunny looks uncomfortable, I peek through the bushes.

"Kel, can you please let go? Kyohi might come back soon."

"No Sunny! How many times do I have to tell you? This is a good way for you to get over your fears!"

"Not really. It's making me more scared."

I hear enough. I pick up the spider and move it to a bush. Hero and Sunny breathe out all the fear they had.

"Kyohi! Why would you do that? I was helping Sunny get over his fears!"

"Shut it Kel, it wasn't working, it only made it worse."

Sunny pushes Kel off him. He hugs me.

"I'm so sorry."

I pat him on his head.

"Heh, I get it Sunshine. Don't worry, I didn't fret too much."

"Says the one who was calling out for him," Basil says, teasingly.

I look away embarrassed.

"Shut up Basil."

The group laughs. Even Sunny laughs a bit. I run away in embarrassment.

"Kyohi! Wait!" Sunny yells.

I could hear his footsteps follow mine. He was keeping a good pace. I could hear him speed up to try and catch up. He's losing his breath.

"... Kyo..hi! Come b...ack!" He says in between hard breaths.

I run to the brierfly forest's castle. Sunny stops at the entrance. He takes heavy breaths.

"Why do you keep following me?" I side-eye him.

" I didn't think it was weird or funny really. I thought it was kinda cute."

I forcefully shut the door on him. My outfit changes to a ball gown.

"How? What? I'm in a ball gown?"

I walk into the castle and a spider-like guard stops me.

"Tickets for the show?"

"Umm."

"I got them!" Soursoul gives the guard the tickets for the show.

"We have one more person joining us." She says before turning to me.

"Speaking of which, where's the other one? Sunny, I think his name was?"

I look away. The giant doors open. Sunny steps inside and immediately have an outfit change. He is wearing a black and white suit with a singular red rose in his pocket. I blush at the sight of him but refuse to talk to him. Sunny goes up to Soursoul.

"Hey, Soursoul. Have you seen Kyohi? I saw her enter here not too long ago."

"Oh yeah, I did see her! She looks stunning! But what took you so long to enter?"