CHAPTER 13: He means everything

I wake up in headspace for a second. I could hear Sunny sobbing. My location kept changing from headspace and a dream. I finally enter headspace. Sunny is sobbing in the treehouse. He is holding Bewo closely. I get up and sit next to Sunny.

I kiss his head gently.

"Sunshine. Are you okay?"

His head immediately perks up.

"Aubrey?"

"Right here."

He starts crying more.

"You're back! I thought you would never come back!"

He grabs me and holds me close. A pink tulip sits in a pot next to us.

"It's so pretty!" I say.

"Oh, I saw it and it made me think of you."

"Awe Sunny!"

I pick him up and cuddle him.

"Aubrey! Put me down!"

"Not until you say the magic phrase."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Please, I love you."

I put him down and ruffled his hair.

"I love you too Sunny!"

He pulls a red rose out of his pocket and places it in my hair.

"I'm glad you came back. I wanted to know how you would react to what I said."

"Well, Sunny. I think it's really sweet of you. I never thought that you would like me back."

He comes closer to me and kisses me.

"I always wanted to tell you. I just couldn't because of my throat. I tried rehearsing but it hurt badly to even attempt to speak, but here I can speak without hurting."

He smiles sweetly. I could feel the warmth radiating from his smile. It was adorable.

"I missed seeing your smile."

I feel myself fading again. This time, Sunny grabs my arm and I stop fading away.

"Aubrey, before you go. Do you think I could see you again soon?"

"Of course! I'll even bring Mari! Maybe I can bring the others too!"

"It would be great to see them again."

"I'll see what I can do. See ya later darling!"

I kiss him on the cheek before leaving.

The room was bright. A pink tulip sits at my side. It was exactly like the one Sunny gave me. Everyone was gone.