Chapter 5

Skylar

No. This can't be happening. Are you fucking kidding me right now? He can't be in the same class as me! There had to be someone laughing up there in heaven because this is absolutely ridiculous. How am I supposed to stay away from him if he's in my classes too?

He walked up to me, still not breaking the eye contact. This time, there was no where for me to run.

"Everybody get up!" Mr. Turner, the teacher of AP Government yelled as he walked in the classroom. "I know you all enjoy sitting by your friends and yada yada yada but I want people to actually learn something in my class so you'll be seated by alphabetical order."

He started reading off where everybody would sit.

"Please no, please no," I muttered to myself. I had no idea of this boy's name but he was smirking which was never a good sign in my opinion.

"Fiona Gebb, Ashley Ghantley, Skylar Harper.." Mr. Turner read off, pointing out the seats we were supposed to sit in. I took my seat in between a girl who looked like a brat and a boy who's mother cooked him too much food.

But the boy with the blue eyes still hadn't taken a seat. And did I mention that he hasn't stopped staring at me? It was a little bit unnerving.

"Andrea Roller, Lucas Rourke, Ryan Tyme.." Mr. Turner read off and that's when the boy and his friend moved. But where would he sit? Right behind me of course. This was starting off as a great year already.

"Alright, that being done with, good morning class! I'm Mr. Turner and I expect we will have heaps of fun together. If you do your homework and turn it in on time I don't believe we will have any problems. Now, first order of business. We have a new student in the senior class. Ms Skylar Harper will you please come up here?"

I looked up from my desk nervously. See this was the worst part of being a new student. They made you introduce yourself in front of the class. This should be fun.

"Hi, I'm Skylar Harper, obviously..." I said when I reached the front of the classroom. "I'm from Portland and I just moved here." I looked at Mr. Turner, expecting that to be it.

"Say something about yourself," he nodded at me.

"You're hot!" someone from the class yelled out. I couldn't see who it was but I blushed heavily.

"Enough," Mr. Turner glared at the class. "Ms Harper you may sit down now.

I sighed in relief and turned to walk back to my seat.

As I sat down, I felt a breath of hot air on the back of my neck. And then the boy behind me whispered in my ear.

"Hi, sweetheart." he whispered. "I'm Luke Rourke. I'm sure you and I are going to have heaps of fun together too."

I shivered. Based on where his mouth was, if I turned around, we would be kissing. Great, great way to start off the school year.

He kissed my ear and then pulled back. I turned around with a shocked expression. He smirked at me and gave me a cute little shrug.

"Was there something you needed, sweetheart?"

I just turned back around in my seat, confused. This was going to be a long class.

Hey guys! I love all of the support and I can't say thank you enough times!! Vote and Comment please!!

Dedicated to XxTheBelieverxX. It's not on Wattpad at the moment, but she wrote "A Bet Gone Wrong" and this is my all time favorite book that I have ever read. I also love the books that followed this one "A Promise Gone Wrong" and "A Year Gone Wrong". Check them out! She is an amazing, amazing writer and I get unbelievably excited when she updates!