Chapter 6

Lucas

"Bro, aren't you going to make a move?" Ryan whispered to me from where he sat to my left.

"No, not yet." I smirked at the back of her head. I wanted her to be interested in me and I knew she would be more intrigued if I left her alone for a little bit. But not too long or she would lose interest.

"What, so you're just going to give up?" he asked, his eyebrows pulled low over his eyes.

I looked at him incredulously. "Are you kidding? This is $700! Easy money." I assured him confidently.

"Mr. Tyme. Mr. Rourke. Can I teach my class now or are you two going to continue to talk?" Mr. Turner addressed us both with one eyebrow raised.

"Well, I'm not quite done talking to Ryan quite yet, Turner my man, but feel free to continue teaching. It's not like I was going to listen anyway." I answered back, crossing my arms behind my head and leaning back in my chair.

Mr. Turner's face turned this ugly shade of red and I honestly thought his ears were going to puff out smoke. "This is my classroom young man! You will treat me with respect!" He sputtered. "Do you want to have detention on your first day!?"

"Well I haven't had a good chat with Johnson in awhile so I wouldn't mind if you put me in detention. It'll be good to catch up with the old man." I smirked at Turner. There wasn't a real reason I was talking back to a teacher. It kinda came with the territory of ruling this school. Besides, it was fun to see his face turn all different colors.

"Fine then, Mr. Rourke. You want to play that way? Then we'll play that way." The whole class was watching with rapt interest. "Detention. All week. You too Mr. Tyme." He inclined his head towards Ryan.

"Oh thank you, Turner. I wanted to get out of class anyways and you just provided me with a free pass. You're the man." I saluted him and, in one fluent motion, grabbed my stuff and stood up. "You coming man?" I asked Ryan.

"Yeah, I'm right with you." He stood up too. "See ya later, Teach."

"You're the man, Luke!" Someone yelled within the class. And it was like the silence was broken. The class started hollering and cheering for us. I bowed to them and looked again at Skylar. I winked at her but I'm sure all the girls thought it was for them because they all started giggling.

And with that, we both walked out of the classroom.

***

"Well, at least tradition still stands." Ryan said to me as we were walking to the hallway.

"Hey, last year, detention was our place to hang out!" I responded to him. "I'm sure the boys are all there already waiting for us."

Nobody wants to actually be in class. It's a boring hellhole and sucks the life out of everyone. So last year, me and the boys decided that if no one else was going to provide the entertainment we had to step up and provide our service to the school. In this way, everyone got a show and we got to skip class. It was a win win situation.

Besides, this is another sure-fire way to maintain our reputations. Every girl likes a bad boy. It's just basic knowledge. And, although the new girl didn't show it, I am completely confident that she loved our little show as well.

Now, I just had to figure out what type of guy I had to be to win her over. For the brainiac girls, I had to be super smart and attentive. They didn't really like to talk about themselves, but compliment their brains and they would be hanging all over you. Then there were the whores of the school. If you just listen to their petty dramas and nod every once in a while, they would be eating out of your palm in no time. You just had to know what type of girl it was.

So, to begin wooing this girl, I had to first know what type of girl she was. And I had a plan for that too.

By this time, me and Ryan had reached the detention room. "Hey boys," I greeted my friends. "Long time no see."

They all grinned at me as me and Ryan sat on top of the desks. Mr. Shepherd used to be the detention supervisor. But we didn't like to be babysat. So we pulled all types of pranks on him until he left.

The last one seemed to have done the trick. We heard a rumor that he had put himself on a dating website. So we went online and found it and then created a profile for a woman we made up named Darcy Doggers. He set up a time for them to meet and "she" never showed. To this day, I have no idea how he found out it was us, but he has never showed up to detention ever since. He's probably fed up with us.

But no matter.

"So boys," I broke the silence. "Skylar's in our AP Government class.. I'm totally winning this bet." I smirked at them all.

Hey guys! So a longer chapter in Lucas' point of view! Thanks for reading my book! I hope you love it!

Dedicated to Tweckster because his book "Hero's Among Us" is freaking amazing!! Check him out! I promise you won't regret it!