boy 🤍

notcharli
sorry for nit getting this out sooner and srry if it's disappointing 😭🙏🏼
also i dont rlly know what subject i would label it😢
im so sorry yall for not posting often 😔‼️
y/ns pov whole oneshot!

I sighed. I've lost track of how long its been since i lost my dad. Well not really lost - i believe hes still out there. hes strong. But im starting to loose faith. I grumbled to myself, letting my thoughts take over and not noticing a walker behind me. I yelped as it tackled me to the ground, its horrid stenches filling my nostrils as i stabbed its skull and blood got onto me.

Disgusting.. I mumbled to myself, taking a sip of water from my bag and continuing to walk until i saw large metal walls. was it a community? an abandoned place? I approached the wall and peeked around, seeing a gate nearby. I quickly realised that i could change my whole life in a decision.

A side of me told me to go up and bang on those gates and beg for mercy whilst the other half told me to run away - they could be dangerous. I acted "naive" as i walked up to the gates and hesitantly banged on them. I saw a metal part slide open letting me see something which seemed like a normal neighbourhood and a guy with a mullet.

"uhm. i am not authorised to let unknown pedestrians into the land of alexandria, i will have to speak to rick grimes. how long has a boy like you been out here?" I scoffed at him calling me a boy. It does happen often ever since i cut my hair short and my voice has been a tad bit deeper than other girls.

I stood there and tapped my foot until I saw a man with curly hair and gray stubble approach me with a button up shirt. "Are you wirh negan?" He asked, raising a sweaty eyebrow. "i dont know who that is." I replied, a bit confused on who this negan guy was. "how many walkers ya killed?" I thought for a moment. "I dont know, lost count." "How many people you killed?" "Honestly, zero." The man looked pretty surprised. "Why?"

"Im on a mission to find my dad - daryl dixon. I havent killed anyone since i believe theres still some sort of good in this world." The man who i now assumed was the leader - rick, started to rub his stubble and told the man to open the gate. I walked in and rick looked at me up and down. (NOT IN A WEIRD WAY😭) "Daryl never told me bout his son." I gruffed at him mistaking my gender but kept quiet for now.

I glanced out the corner of my eye to see a tall guy who looked around my age, flannel shirt, cowboy hat, and long hair. From a first glance he looked amazing for an apocalypse. I realised i was staring and he smiled at me. I looked back to where Rick was standing and saw Daryl and Rick walking towards me. The realisation struck my dad and he came running towards me, i ran to him and jumped into his arms - hugging him tightly.

"I thought yah were dead.." He whispered sorrowfully into my ear, hugging me tighter to the point it felt like i was being strangled. We eventually pulled away. "Since yall are family, you can go live in daryls house. Since your also a boy why not go meet my son carl- hes over there with the hat and flannel." I saw Daryl about to correct rick on my gender but i shushed him and nodded. not wanting to cause a scene.

I took a deep breath in and walked towards the boy and grinned. "Hi carl, I'm y/n." He nodded." you already know my name, nice too met you. i think you're cool. its actually hard to find a guy my age who isn't privileged and bratty." "I guess.." I mumbled, making the situation awkward.

"Wanna come to my place? i have comics and stuff." I nodded. We both started to walk to his house but I was stoped byDaryl. "Ya think you can sneak off with carl? y' gotta get a tour and a shower darlin, ya stink." I slightly giggled since i knew daryl wasnt the best smelling man ever.

Carl and i were definitely dissatisfied that we couldn't hang out but there was always another time. After a tour and a shower and fresh clothes, I walked to carls house again and knocked on the door. I stood there until i was greeted by his dad - Rick grimes. He was carrying a sleepy Judith and smiled.

"Come in, do you need anything to eat?" He asked, quietly and softly crasling the young toddler. I shake my head and grin, walking up the stairs and assuming which was carls room. i knoced a few times before being greeted by the long haired boy. jackpot!

"Hey carl!" I grinned. He seemed a bit surprised since at that moment my voice sounded more feminine that it usually is. "Come in." He replied in a monotone voice. I sat on the edge of his surprisingly comfortable bed and saw him grab a comic for him and i. "I dont really know what type of comics you like but you look like a classic spiderman guy." He smiled, i ignored the gender comment but i realised i never saw a comic this clean in a while.

We both silently read until we finish. I shut my comic book to look at him and realised he was already staring. "Y/n right? I dont think i've ever heard or seen a boy named that." I shrugged. "Guess its a rare name." He nodded and grabbed us more comics. They weren't really in order but who cares?

I honestly took a liking to him and blushed softly. "Hey carl, do you mind if i stay the night?" I asked, raising a brow. He nodded in response. After we read a few more comics and ate some snacks for "dinner" , carl took a quick shower and holy shit. His wet yet fluffy hair letting some water drip onto his pale chest, his towel hanging dangerously low around his hips exposing his v-line, i realised i was staring for too long but thank goodness he didnt notice.

"Im gonna change." I nodded and turned around, looking into my bag hoping i had broguht one kf the new clothes with me and to my luck i saw a white tank top that seemed a bit revealing but who cares - its still clothes. i also grabbed some short pajama shorts that i found adorable. It had a small cat pattern which was sadly faded and a pink bow on the top.

Hmm, i guess daryl knows my sense of clothing. It was a bit surprising for a guy who basically wears the same thing for a year. "Carl dont look, im gonna take my shirt off. I looked and saw a fully dressed carl, black t-shirt and red grandpa pajama pants - how do boys change that fast?

"its just a shirt, not a big deal." I didn't want to tell him my actual gender identity through words so i took my shirt off  - revealing my bra - and his expression changed, mouth slightly agape and a pink blush on his cheeks. "Im sorry, i wont look." He stuttered out and he turned around. I put my pajamas on and pat his shoulder to let him know its okay to look now.

"I thought you were a boy..?" He mumbled, still a bit shocked. I chuckled at him playfully. "I get it a lot its fine." He nodded and went to get me something to sleep on but i stopped him. "Its fine, we can share the bed. I dont move in my sleep." His blush slightly returned and nodded.

He started to close his curtains and i helped him. we hopped into bed i guess he had a long day. He fell asleep in a few minutes like he was an old lady. I grinned looking at him and turned around so our backs were facing eachothers. I eventually fell asleep.

I woke up and yawned to see carl already dressed for the day with his cowboy hat on - he was throwing a ping pong ball at the roof and catching it. "Mornin." I yawned out again, i decided the tank top was actually nice for everyday attire and decided to keep it on to also save the pain of washing it. I replaced my pajama bottoms with a pair of jeans.

"I think im gonna have to go now, my dads probably sweating his head off." He grins. "Ill see ya around then." I nod and walk out and wave to rick, his expression also a bit surprised since you could definitely tell i was a girl with the new fresh clothes i was wearing.

I walked out onto the street to see some more people surprised and i walked to daryls house and knocked. he opened the door and sighed in relief. "Damn kiddo ya scared me , where the fuck were ya?" He gave me a quick hug and remembered the smell of rick/carl on me. "Ya sleep with that fucking grimes kid?! im gonna kick his a-" I prevented him from getting out the door like he was a rabid dog.

"Dad we just had a sleepover nothing happened, but i think Alexandria knows my gender now." He grinned and let me in.

IM SORRY FIR POSTING THIS SO LATE I WAS SICK AND WAS SO UNMOTIVATED AND I HAVE SCHOOL AGAIN AND BASKETBALL 😭🙏🏼 TBH KINDA PROUD OF THIS BUT IM GONNA SEE IF I GET ACCEPTED INTO MY NEW SCHOOL NEXF WEEK AND IM SO SCARED🙁😔😔