1. Summer

3rd person p.o.v

Lydia tapped on her desk impatiently. She felt a hand grab hers and looked over to meet the eyes of Patrick Hockstetter.

"You okay, Lyd?" He questioned, looking at her hand.

Lydia nodded

"Just ready to leave."

Patrick took his hand off of hers and turned to the other 3 boys who sat behind them.

He joined their conversation, leaving Lydia alone with her thoughts.

She watched the minute hand on the clock move slowly. Just 1 more minute, then we're outta here.

She reached behind her and tapped on Victors desk. He looked up, and she pointed to the clock.

They all grabbed their things and were halfway out of their desks when the bell rang.

Lydia ran out of the classroom and towards the exit of the school.

"Damn, I guess she was ready to leave." Reggie said, looking at the other three guys.

"I am too. Let's go!" Patrick said, running after Lydia.

"Hurry up, guys, we got places to go!" Lydia yelled behind her at the boys.

She finally made it to Reggies car and hopped in, getting in the middle in the back.

Slowly but surely, the four boys made it there too. Reggie and Henry sat in the front, with Reggie in the drivers seat.

Victor and Patrick sat in the back on either side of Lydia.

"Where to?" Reggie asked, looking at the three in the back through the rear view mirror.

"Clubhouse."

Reg nodded and started driving off the direction of the clubhouse.

Lydia

I look past Victor and out the window, watching the trees pass by in a blur of green and brown.

I yelp as Reggie hits a pothole, sending all of us in the car flying. I grab onto Vic and Patrick for support.

"Shit, sorry guys."

"Not your fault, Derry needs to fix their damn roads" Vic says, readjusting himself in his seat.

"Dollface, you can let go." Patrick said, glancing down at my hand that still had an iron grip on his leg.

I blush a light pink and let go.

"Sorry. I didn't realize." I mumble quickly, slightly embarrassed.

A couple minutes go by, then the car stops. I look up and see the clubhouse. I push past Henry and get out of the car, running towards the clubhouse door.

"What the fuck Lydia?!" Henry barked, glaring at me

I run into the clubhouse, taking a deep breath and smelling the scent of wood and stale beer. 

It wasn't a scent that many people would enjoy, but to me it was comforting.

We had saved up our money from summer jobs to get this small cabin in the woods a little bit away from Derry. It was our home, a place we could go to get away from everyone.