7. Tension

Lydia

I turn my head towards Reggie, nodding slowly.

I get up and grab my shirt from the rock I had sat it on earlier.

I slip it on and grab my towel.

"Yeah, I'm ready."

The boys gather their stuff and we begin walking back to the Trans am that was parked at the edge of the woods.

I got there first and hopped in, sitting in the middle.

Patrick and Vic squeeze in on either side of me.

Reggie and Henry get in the front.

The engine of the Trans am roared before we sped off, leaving tire marks and torn up grass and dirt.

3rd person

The back of the Trans am was always cramped but for some odd reason, Patrick was closer to Lydia than normal.

Lydia didn't seem to notice this though, she just looked out of Vic's window.

His hand was rested on her upper thigh, tracing small shapes.

Lydia hummed along to the song that was faintly playing on the radio.

One by one, the boys had been dropped of at their house, leaving only Patrick, Lydia, and Reggie.

The Trans am pulled up in front of Lydia's house and she got up, hopping out of the car.

"Lyds, wait up!"

Lydia looked back to see Patrick stumbling out of the car, waving a quick goodbye to Reggie.

"Bye Reg, thanks for the ride!" 

Lydia blew him a kiss.

He waited before they were both inside to leave.

Lydia

"Why'd you wanna stay with me?" I asked Patrick, leading him up to my room.

"Uh, just wanted to I guess, don't have anything else to do today." He replied, sitting down gently on my bed.

I nod and go over to my record player, putting on my Blue Oyster Cult record I had gotten last year for christmas.

I grabbed some pajamas from my dresser.

"Mind if I change? My clothes are getting wet and It's uncomfortable."

Patrick shook his head and went back to fidgeting with his camera he held in his lap.

I nod and begin to change, throwing my dirty clothes in my hamper.

"Okay, you can look now. I'm done."

Patrick looked up and me and eyed me up and down.

My shirt hung loose on my shoulders, my left shoulder being fully exposed.

3rd person

Patrick put his camera down on Lydia's bed and stood up, walking over to her.

The romantic tension in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"Patrick I-"

He cut her off my kissing her, his dry, chapped lips colliding with her soft ones.

He cupped her cheek with his left hand and his right one landed on her waist, pulling her in closer.

Her arms wrapped around his neck loosely.

The seven inch height difference made it a little weird.

Lydia had to stand on her tiptoes to even reach his lips.