2. Girls, Girls, Girls

Lydia

I woke up to the early morning sun peaking through my broken, half open blinds, casting a shadow on my bedroom floor and mine and Victor's faces.

I groan and look at my alarm on my bedside table. 

6:58 a.m

I turn over to meet Victor's face. I was a little surprised that he was still there. He was already awake. He was sitting up in my bed playing with my rubik's cube. I usually keep on my desk.

"Morning Vicky." 

"Morning Lyds. Your dad already left, I heard him this morning." He said, his fingers moving in strange ways, trying to solve the cube.

I nod and get out of my bed. I walk over to my closet and grab some clothes to change into.

"I'm going to change. You can borrow a shirt from me if you want." I say, looking over at Vic.

He nods and smiles at me softly.

I leave my room and walk to my bathroom. I change and brush my teeth and hair quickly. I walk back in my room to see Vic in the middle of choosing a shirt from my closet.

His dirty white tee is already off of him and in my hamper.

"Shit, sorry, I should've knocked." I apologize quickly.

Vic chuckled and grabbed a shirt from my closet, putting it on quickly.

"It's fine, Lyds. It was just my upper body you saw. It's not that bad." 

I roll my eyes and throw my clothes into my hamper. I start walking downstairs, and Vic follows me.

I get to the bottom of the stairs and sigh as I look into the living room. 

Beer cans and my dads clothes were everywhere. I'm guessing he woke up sometime last night.

I start to pick up the beer cans when I hear a knock at my door. Vic goes to answer it.

"Shit, hey guys. Why are you here so early?"

My eyes widen in horror, not wanting them to see my house.

"Why are you at her house so early?" Henry questions, Vic.

"I uh, stayed with her last night." Vic says, blocking the doorway so they can't really see inside.

"Move man, let us in. It's hot outside." Patrick says, pushing Vic out of the way.

"No, no, no, my house is a mess!" I quickly throw the beer cans away and rush over to them.

It was too late, everyone else was in the house.

They saw the holes in the walls and the peeling wallpaper. They saw the broken and crooked family pictures hanging up on the wall.

They saw the beer cans and the empty vodka bottles that littered every surface in the house. They saw the dirty clothes that belonged to my father that were scattered throughout the living  room. 

They saw the growing pile of dishes in the kitchen sink that I could never keep clean. 

"Holy shit man." Patrick says, looking around my house.

"Let's just leave. I don't want you guys to see this for longer than you have to." I say, pushing everyone out of my house.

"I'll be out in a bit." I say, closing my front door. 

I feel my lip tremble, and my eyes start to fill with tears. I quickly take a deep breath and walk towards my moms room.

I knock quietly before walking in. This time, she's facing me.

Her eyes were red and puffy as if she had been crying. Tears stained her cheeks, and her hair looked like it hadn't been brushed in a week.

"Hey, momma. Daddy's already gone to work. I'm going out with friends." I say, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"That's nice baby, I hope you have fun." she replies. I hold out my hand, and she takes it.

"Have you taken-"

"No, baby. I haven't"

I nod and kiss her hand. It was cold. I get up and leave her room. I put on my old doc martens and lace them up before walking out of my house.

"Finally, what took you so long." Reggie said, looking at me.

"I had to say goodbye to my momma. That's all."

Reg nods.

"Move over, Pat." I jump over the top of the car and get in, sitting between Patrick and Vic.

"Is that Lyds shirt?" Pat asked, looking over at Vic

"Uhm," Vic stayed silent, not knowing how to answer.

"Oh my god, it is!" Reggie said from the front seat, laughing at Vic.

"Shut the hell up and drive. I needed a shirt."

Reggie speed off. He turned on the radio. 

Girls, girls, girls started playing, and my face lit up.

I reach up to the front and turn it on full blast. I stood up in the backseat so my head and upper body were out of the car.

I held my arms out and threw my head back. My long hair was flowing in the wind.

The smell of the outside world and cigarette smoke filled my nose.

"Lydia, sit the fuck down, you're gonna get us pulled over!" I hear Henry yell over the music.

"My dad will have my ass Lyd." He said, turning down the radio.

"Sorry I was trying to have fun Hen, it's fucking summer dude. Loosen up a bit!" I say, still standing.

He threw his cigarette butt out of the car and moved so his torso was in the back seat. He pulled me down.

I yelped as I was yanked down by Henry into my seat. 

"Fucking sit, Lydia."

Henry was close to my face. I could feel his breath.

I gulped down fear and was quiet.

"What the fuck is up with you today Henry. Ever since I picked you up this morning, you've been acting weird-"

"Shut up Reg, just fucking drive."

I look down at my lap. The car was quiet except for the faint noise coming from the radio.

I feel the car come to a stop and look up. We were back at the clubhouse.

My face lit up and I wait for Henry and Reg to get out of the car before I do.

I hop out of the car with Patrick and Vic following me.

Henry's the first person to walk into the clubhouse. He slams the door behind him.

"Is he okay?"

"He called me early this morning to come pick him up. I think something happened with his dad last night."

I nod and walk into the clubhouse.

A/n. Yayyy, 2nd chapter done! I know it's also not the best but I wanna get multiple chapters out to y'all so you have more to read so you can decide if my story is worth your time-

Btw im constantly updating the info chapter and the songs that remind me of their characters, eventually im gonna add the playlist to the chapter for y'all to listen to if you want.

Word count: 1,159