Blushing Broken Hearts

She felt a pair of lips on the back of her neck and a body pressed against her back. She smiled. Daisy groaned as she blinked away light. She pushed the covers off, and slowly sat up. "Oh dear god, my hair." She noticed. She stood up and wobbled a little bit from the blood rushing down from her head. "A shower should do the trick." She guessed as she stepped into the steamy waterfall.
• • •
A soft knock grabbed Daisy's attention. She stopped brushing through her wavy mess that she called hair, and walked to the door. "Charlie! Hey! Good to see you! Come in!" She said, a bit to perky. "Hey Daisy." He said looking down. "What's wrong? Hey," she lifted his chin up and saw small tears, "Charlie.." She mumbled as she wrapped him in a hug. She led him to the couch and sat next to him. "What's the matter?" She asked again, taking his hand. "I-m-my girlfriend. She cheated o-" he put his face in his hands. Daisy moved her hand to his back, and rubbed small circles. "Hey, it's gonna be okay. She wasn't worth your time.." She didn't know what to say. He had a girlfriend? More importantly, he's single? She shook the thought away, shaming herself a bit. "Charlie, look at me." She whispered, lifting his head up once more. "I'm here. It'll be okay. I promise." Daisy stared into his hazel eyes, rimmed with red. Before she knew it, he had her in a tight bear hug. She took a deep breath in and smelt a musky scent, mixed with laundry detergent. She felt his chest rise with uneven breaths as he cried. A tear crept its way down her face as she thought of the girl who broke his heart. He burrowed his face in her neck. "It'll be okay Charlie. I'm here." She murmured in his ear, "How about some coffee soup?" Daisy asked pulling away from the hug. He wiped his face and let out a sad laugh. "I suppose so. Thank you." He said looking out the window. She got up from the soft couch and walked to the kitchen to make the coffee. She saw Charlie laying on the couch from the kitchen. He had little wool socks on and looked nothing like his usual happy self.

She sighed and when she heard the coffee machine beep, she walked to the cabinet and got out two bowls. She poured in the dark, steamy, liquid and added a spoon to each bowl. She walked slowly back into the living room and saw Charlie staring blankly at the wall. "Charlie? I got your coffee." He sat up slow and took the hot bowl. Sipping occasionally. "What's on your mind?" Daisy finally asked, breaking the awkward tension. "I-I don't understand... Why don't you obsess over me like every other girl?" He questioned, tilting his head. Daisy shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. There's not really a reason to. You're just as human as I am." He laughed and nodded. It was good to hear him laughing again.
• • •
They made small talk about current events until the coffee pot was empty. "Thank you for cheering me up, Daisy. I owe you." Charlie said, winking. She blushed again as he got up from the couch and walked to the door. "Have a good night." She smiled to herself, "That man always leaves me blushing."
So sad. I hope you guys liked it! Hello, and shout out to all my Instagram followers! @oh_my_starlord is my fandom account and I love you people. The picture is from daredevil when Matt gets beat up and his fuzzy socks are too adorable to not add into the story. Hoping to post again soon! vote, comment, read, and enjoy!