Calm Before The Storm

You aren't really sure how you got here.

Not physically of course, that you know. What you mean is how everything in your life has led up to this moment in time where you find yourself wondering which decision led you here.

But you're getting ahead of yourself.

It's the day after the graduation ceremony and you are at the University to pick up any belongings you left when you bump into a couple of bodies, bodies that reach out to grab your arm to prevent you from falling over.

It's your classmates in college, Jimin and Taehyung. You know because of their apologetic voices that talk over each other in their attempts to apologize.

They invite you to come back to their dorm where they were being treated to a small party to celebrate finally graduating from college and you admit, the thought was scary but Jimin and Taehyung were your only friends at that college who even gave a shit about you enough to help you out that first day of transfer.

“I promise, y/n. It isn’t that big, just a few of our friends. My hyung is cooking! He makes really good food. You have to try it.” Jimin smiles, grabbing your hand and pulling you along, hesitating enough that if you really didn't want to go, you could speak up.

You have no choice but to trust his voice as he guides you along the crowded corridors of underclassmen who have yet to graduate.

Free food, and you get a night of hanging with your friends and hopefully, make some more. Why shouldn't you go?

You feel another hand slide into your other one, right after taking your bag and cane from you. You jump in surprise before you hear Taehyung’s low voice.

“It’s just me. Relax, we got you. You are coming to our party right?”

You think this over. You don’t have alot of friends to begin with let alone any your age. It would be nice to meet more people your age since most people ignore you on a daily basis.

The thing you worry about, is if they will be as accepting of you as Jimin and TaeTae seem to be.

“They won’t mind?” you whisper, turning your head in what you hope is Jimin’s direction, cheeks heating up as you realize you might not even be looking at him at all.

“Our hyungs? Not at all! They aren’t ones to judge unless it’s one of us.” Jimin laughs, followed by Tae.

“if she can even get the introverts out of their shell to talk back to her that is. Since we got a couple of days off thanks to graduating, they might not be out of their rooms yet.”  Tae squeezes your hand, tugging you just a little faster. You fear at this rate you will fall over.

You feel Jimin’s smaller hand squeeze yours as well and an arm slinks around your waist as if to guide you. You hate that it makes you jump anyways since it is probably them but without your cane you feel kind of helpless.