Bashful Encounters

So y/n, what did you go to college for?" Namjoon asks you, his voice sounding a little far away so he must not be sitting beside you.

"Sociology and a secondary degree in social pathology." You smile, folding up your stick so no one trips over it and setting it beside you.

"Ah so is that how you met Jiminie and TaeTae? They took courses in sociology I believe." You nod, smiling sweetly in the direction of the voice.

"Do you like music?" Yoongi asks, this time the voice comes from the other side of where you sit so he must be on the same sofa.

"I do! It's the one thing that I can really enjoy and not need my eyes for, you know? I can really just lose myself in music with no guilt."

"Do you have a favorite genre?" Taehyung asks, coming from the general direction where Namjoon's voice did.

"Not particularly? I listen to alot of different ones depending on what mood I'm in. There is this one song I heard that is so beautifully written and sung that I cried."

"Oh? Can you play it for us?" Yoongi says, his voice sounding excited and a little nervous. You wonder why he feels nervous while you pull your phone out and push the button on the side to open the voice assistant.

"Bixby, can you play only love can hurt like this by Paloma Faith?" The familiar tune begins to play and you tap your fingers on your leg to the beat.

"Oh! I heard this on tik tok! Her voice is really nice." Tae says, singing along with it. His voice is rather nice with the tone of the song. You wonder if he would ever do a cover of this officially.

"Tae, should you be singing?" Jimin whispers but you still catch it.

"Jiminie.. you know I know who you are right? I knew the first time you talked to me. TaeTae can sing, I don't mind. I won't tell anyone."

"you knew??" Jimin squeaks, making you stifle a laugh.

"Yeah? You and TaeTae's voices are pretty popular." You shrug when it becomes silent, the music the only noise in the room. "I won't tell anyone guys. Why would I? What you guys do isn't mine or anyone else's business."

No one says a word and you feel guilty for bringing it up for a moment but just then the door opens, Hoseok and Jungkook returning from getting snacks and soju.

"I hear music! Did you guys start without us?" Hoseok yells over the music coming from your phone, shaking his bag of snacks. He stops when he sees the gloomy faces. "what happened?"

"y/n knows who we are." Namjoon says with a sigh, making you feel even worse. Was telling them a bad idea?

"yeah? We introduced ourselves earlier?" Hoseok says, the question clear in his voice.

"no, Hoba, she knows who we are." Yoongi repeats, but Hoseok just makes a confused noise.

"Okay? Again, we told her our names. She's heard our voices. We are widely known so it was bound to be a thing." When no one speaks he just sighs. "She's known Jiminie and TaeTae for how long and hasn't told anyone as far as i hear from Jiminie? Has she even been on her phone to take pictures or post about being here? No? No scandal. I don't think she is a bad person."

"I knew but it didn't matter to me.." You whisper quietly, turning off the music. "I was just happy you guys talk to me like I'm a human being.."

"See? If it becomes a thing, we will deal accordingly but I don't get a bad feeling about her. Now stop ruining this big day for our dongsaengs!" Hoseok helps Jungkook pass out the soju, the latter shyly standing in front of you. "Oh! That reminds me. It's really starting to snow heavily out there, hopefully it lets up before y/n heads home."