Joonie: The Breaker of His Own Rule

"Do you want to hang out, y/n? I'm curious what kind of music you listen to." Yoongi draws, Making you nod your head again in the voice's general direction.

You rise from the chair and feel for your stick but Yoongi takes your hand before you get it and leads you to his and Jin's room.

You open your mouth to tell him you can walk just fine but the words die on your tongue when you feel his fingers grip yours. His hands are larger, skinny and kind of rough but he holds your hand with so much care and attention, you wonder if he holds hands often.

He lets go when you hear a door being opened.

You don't hear the door close behind you, which makes you sigh in relief, just a little.

"I know how loud everyone can be, especially when everyone wants your attention at once. This was just an excuse to let you breathe." He drawls again, helping you sit in what you realize is a computer chair. "They act like a bunch of wolves with a shiny new toy."

"Thank you." You whisper, gripping the arms of the chair while you wait to see what Yoongi's true intentions are. "You mentioned music..?"

"Ah! Right. I remember yesterday you said you like music but never really said your favorite artist. I was curious who you listen to." You hear Yoongi sit beside you, feeling his arm brush yours as he leans over to type on his computer.

"Oh.. right. I have Spotify? If you want to look at the playlist." You dig for your phone in your pocket and hand it over to Yoongi, who types things into your phone before you can hear the first song on your playlist start.

Yoongi hands your phone back to you so you pocket it nervously. You wonder if he has a thing for hand holding based on the way he seems to always linger near your hand whenever he brushes against yours. Yoongi is widely known for many different genres, so him wanting to listen to your favorite artists is a little more than intimidating.

"This is a good one!" he compliments, his fingers tapping away on his desk to the beat of the song.

You both sit there in comfortable silence, the only sound being the music from his speakers. Occasionally Yoongi will compliment the artist if he knows them, or recommend another one he thinks you'll like.

"So I take it you don't really have a preference for genre?" he asks when he pauses the playlist some time later. You shake your head and he begins tapping away on his keyboard again.

You hear an unfamiliar beat start to play before you hear voices that sound vaguely familiar. The song plays for a few minutes before you turn to Yoongi.

"Who sings this? The voices sound familiar."

"Uh.." He hesitates, his voice sounding proud yet shy. "We do."

"Really?" Your eyes widen in surprise. The song is actually really good. It isn't that you hate kpop or are some anti-fan. You've heard their music tons, like every other person has heard at least one song of theirs, but you never really delved into the fandom much.

"Yeah, it's called Fake Love."

You listen to the song until completion, too stunned for words for a brief few moments. It has beautiful lyrics with a beat that somehow matches the push and pull of the mood of the song.

"Do you have any more? I liked that.." you whisper, smiling when you hear him try to hold his laughter back. He leans close to you yet again and this time when your arm brushes his, you feel the goosebumps creep up your arm. He mumbles an apology and you smile shyly.

"It's okay, Yoongi Oppa. You don't have to apologize."

Another song begins to drift through the speakers and the tone is really pretty. It's softer than the last and much slower, but still just as enjoyable.