Chapter 1: ℂ𝕙𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕤 𝕀𝕟 𝕁𝕦𝕝𝕪

JULY 24, 1987

One week after the events of The Lost Boys...

Alice Jones POV:

Santa Carla, California... God how I wish I could just leave this town. Santa Carla is the murder capital of the world. With the missing people, & that group of bikers killed last week, this town is going to shit. I feel like there's nothing here for me anymore. Right now, I'm just working on the boardwalk at 'Hotdog on a Stick'. Today is different though, it's the beginning of Christmas in July. Christmas in July usually goes on from today to July 25th. To be honest it's one of the only good parts of Santa Carla.

I have green eyes and blonde hair. My hair is usually in a ponytail, and I mostly just wear casual attire with light colors like pink, & purple. I will admit I have a hard time letting people in because the people I've let in have been shitty fake assholes. Over a year of working at the boardwalk helped me get a 1985 Toyota Corolla.

As I woke up, I could feel the summer sun on my skin. I got up from my bed and ran into my bathroom. I live in a small two-story beach house with my dad. My mom went missing a year ago. As I ran into the bathroom, I could hear seagulls outside. I took a quick shower and got ready for work by putting on my work uniform. Before running out of the house I ate some cereal for breakfast. My dad was sitting in the living room watching a news report about Christmas in July and the festivities beginning at the boardwalk.

"Hey sweetie, when's your shift over?" He asked.

I picked up my car keys. "Uhm, around 7:30pm, I think!"

"Ok be safe!" He yelled as I walked out the door.

Two kids nearly ran me over with their bikes. I got into my car and started it. 'Human' by The Human League started playing on the radio. I slowly drove through town noticing all the people wearing Santa hats, & kids playing in the streets. Another thing I loved about Santa Carla was how even through all the shitty stuff, everybody was having fun & living their lives.

I knew I was getting close to the boardwalk once I started smelling funnel cake, & caramel popcorn. I put on my work hat and got out of my car. seeing the giant rollercoaster in the distance made my stomach drop. It was a gorgeous sight. This was the last summer I could actually be stupid and have fun because in a month I'm going to be a senior.