.

"I anxiously await your arrival

"I anxiously await your arrival."

Dazai smiled after he said that. It was like you could hear the sound of his broken soul with that smile.

Verlaine turned his back and walked towards the entrance. When he grabbed hold of the door, Dazai asked his back, "So, which one are you going to now?"

Verlaine turned around and smiled, like a magician who had just shown off his mysterious magic trick. "You already know. I'm heading to the police station."

⤗⤗⤗⥁⬽⬽⬽ 

1,448 seconds after Chuuya-sama and I entered the interrogation room, the door opened.

"Pardon me."

It was the detective with the fuzz of hair on his head who had arrested Shirase-san.

Detective-san was holding a porcelain container that had a liquid in it. He then sat on the other side of the desk, used chopsticks to pick up the long and narrow solids in the liquid—the solid's main ingredients were starch, gliadin, and glutenin—and began to eat it.

Detective-san looked up when he realized I was watching.

"What, foreigner? Have you never seen udon before?"

Detective-san laughed at me with a sneer and continued eating. Steam from the food covered his face.

"Where's our food?"  Chuuya-sama asked bluntly.

"Oh, you wanted some? I didn't think food meant for the common folk would satisfy the guy who makes money from illegal gems."

Chuuya-sama crossed his arms and glared at him. "Illegal gems? Don't fuck around with me, now. I work for a normal, licensed gem retailer. Wanna see my ID card?"

"I don't need to see your forged ID." Detective-san leaned his head back with a laugh. "By the way, who's this foreigner?" As he said that, he pointed his chopsticks at me.

Chuuya-sama didn't answer, just shrugged his shoulders.

Detective-san looked towards me. "Hey, Chuuya. For your sake, I think it's better that whatever's said in this room stays here."

"Nice to meet you. I'm a computer that's come from Europe..."

"This is gonna sound dumb, detective." Chuuya-sama interrupted me. "But he's a newbie that just joined today. He's a strange guy who, ever since he hit his head during a fight, is convinced he's a robot. I took him under my wing because I thought he was funny. Have any complaints?"

"No but, I really am a high performing computer."

"Your underling? I see. In that case, it's too early to bring him into such a fine place. We'll show him the way out." Detective-san stood up and knocked on the door. "Open up."