.

That determination shined brightly

That determination shined brightly. It was powerful and humane, something that could only be obtained through various encounters and farewells.

"Plus, you're dead wrong about one thing." Chuuya spat the words out. "'It was a mistake to be born'? I could never think the same way that shitty Dazai does!"

Verlaine took the stake out and tossed it to the side.

At the same time, Chuuya rushed forward.

"Chuuuyaaaaaa!!"

"Verlaaaaaaaine!!"

Verlaine brought his fist back. Chuuya, with the same speed, brought his fist back as well.

Their fists collided, lighting up the room with a black explosion.

⤗⤗⤗⥁⬽⬽⬽

"The facility's automatic self-destruct system is underway. 68% of the facilities have blacked out. Before the remaining systems shut down, we need to find the room Chuuya-sama is in."

I was trying to hack into the entire facility's system by linking to a communications device.

It was the only thing we could do since we lost sight of Chuuya-sama. Hacking into the security system using the panic room's terminal and determining where the battle was taking place from there was all we had left.

Due to the nature of the evacuation room, a line to the security system was built so that the evacuated VIP could take command. However, the security was strict because this was a secret military line and since the facility was starting to blackout, the terminals that should be acting as hubs were falling here and there. It was like wanting to cross a suspended bridge, but the boards would break and fall one after another.

"First take control of the fuel distribution system." Dazai-san said, wrapping his hands around the back of his head as he sat in a swivel chair. "The research materials will ultimately be burned here to destroy evidence once the staff have evacuated the facility. Which is why the fuel supply system will stay up until the end. Take hold of the entire facility using that as a foothold."

"Understood."

It was easier to control the fuel supply system compared to the other main systems (like life support, security, and the memory storage system). From there, we would issue a suppression command to the rest of the facilities using the hijacked processor and further expand our range.

"I wonder if it'll be ok." I said out loud while battling against the system.

"What will?"

Dazai-san looked up at me.

"Verlaine. When we find Chuuya-sama, I'm sure Verlaine will be there waiting to fight us. I wonder if we'll be able to win against him."

"Who knows?" Dazai answered with apparent interest. "Of course, I can think up a way to win, but it's not really a victory for him if we just died. There's only one thing I can say about Verlaine."