Epilogue

And just like that, the case came to a close.

There were many deaths this time around, but people's memories faded over time. It was the same as when a typhoon or power outage happened: there was a lot of damage, but no one knew the real reason for why it happened.

Of course, the predictions European officials made helped out, too.

Reports in the newspaper credited the absolute destruction in the suburbs of Yokohama as a large-scale conflict between the illegal organization Port Mafia and enemy organizations of theirs. The surrounding area was disfigured due to firearms, grenades, and a frightening amount of bombs flying about. Nothing more, nothing less.

But of course, with the amount of destruction that happened, it was a given that the specialists in crime related to ability users started to move—the military police's gifted crime countermeasure unit, a natural enemy to an illegal organization like the Port Mafia.

However, within half a month, the military police's investigation suddenly stopped, like a vanishing breath. Everyone involved turned their heads at that since this case was thought to thoroughly clean up the Port Mafia. The Port Mafia was powerful, but they weren't powerful enough to silence the military police—the country's strongest crime investigative agency. So then, what kind of magic did the Port Mafia use?

They didn't use any magic. There was no need to.

British and French public safety agencies interfered with the Ministry of Justice's legal decisions through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and just like that, it was swept under the rug with a broom and dustpan. Two of the strongest secret weapons in the world had fought and destroyed each other, after all. The Japanese government didn't want to see a single piece of this case. As a result of the major superpowers in Europe extinguishing this fire, only a small number of mafioso were charged with fines and suspended misdemeanor sentences before it was all over.

And so, the Assassin King case that devastated the Port Mafia drew to a close.

⤗⤗⤗⥁⬽⬽⬽

Two months after the incident, former member of the Sheep, Shirase Buichirou, was impatiently looking at his watch at the harbor.

He was at the Yokohama Ferry Port. Tourists were walking back and forth across the pier with luggage in their hands. Shirase stood in front of the entryway for a ferry, glaring at his Swiss made watch before turning to look at the other side of the port again.

Shirase was waiting for someone. A big motorcycle soon came into sight from the other side of the harbor. The crimson red bike that drove past cars who were passing in the passing lane came closer while avoiding the sidewalk goers, then came to a stop at the edge of the pier. The driver got off the bike and walked towards him.

"Yo. Hope you weren't waiting too long."

It was Chuuya.

"You're late, Chuuya!" Shirase shouted. "Don't you realize your lifesaver is getting ready to set sail? Just where were you and what were you doing?!"

"Hold on."

Chuuya grabbed a hat from the luggage rack on his bike and held it between his fingertips, walking as he turned the hat around by the brim.

"What, you take a liking to the hat? It's his, isn't it?"

"Yeah."

Chuuya continued turning the hat for a little while before placing it on top of his head. "I'm a little peeved it's a hand-me-down from my brother, but it's got its uses. When do you leave?"