.

Only the sound of folding paper echoed throughout the interrogation room.

He folded the document in half, tracing his finger along the crease to smoothen it out. He pinched it with his nails to tighten the crease, then opened it up again. Then, he took a corner from the document and folded it along the crease.

The detective with a bit of fuzz on his head was folding up the document that agreed to a plea deal.

Chuuya silently watched him.

The detective folded the document with difficulty until he finally completed his paper airplane. He threw it towards the metal trash can in the corner of the room. The paper airplane flew up in the air until it was practically perpendicular to the floor before falling right in front of the detective.

"Well that sucked." Chuuya said, as if he were talking to a fool.

"It usually makes it in, though." The detective said while scratching his head. He stood up.

"Chuuya, let's step outside for a bit. Come with me."

With that, he started walking without looking back.

For a few seconds, Chuuya silently stared at his back, but eventually started to follow him as if he had decided on something.

The interrogation room was right next to the investigative division's office and it was as crowded as a street market in the morning. The detective walked in front of Chuuya, and everyone who passed by called out a greeting.

"Yo, Mura-san. With your advice, I managed to arrest the guy who was beating his wife." A middle-aged police officer passed by them with a radiant grin on his face. 

"That's good to hear. Didn't I tell you? A man who cares about his reputation will crumble if you get him at his workplace."

Yet another detective passed by, this one being young and wearing a new suit. "Murase-senpai, well done on that homicide case!"

"It was just luck. But with this, I hope the victim can rest in peace."

After walking for a little bit, an older detective with a balding head stopped to talk. "Mura-chan, let's go drinking! Let me treat you to drinks this time!"

"Come on, now, don't go overboard again. If you're late, we'll move you to the office."

Every single person inside the police station had called out to the detective called Murase in an affectionate way. Thanks to that, Chuuya, who was walking behind him, kept bumping into him. Chuuya moved so he stood next to the detective, hoping for a break in the greetings.

"You're rather popular, aren't you?" Chuuya jeered at him. 

The detective shrugged his shoulders. "Unlike you, I get paid a low salary. Having this much popularity makes up for it, at least. Don't you think?"

"I guess." Chuuya's eyes reflected with the light of laughter.

For a moment, the two walked side by side as Chuuya turned over the words he ought to say in his mind. Finally, he turned decisively to the detective and spoke in a serious voice.

"Hey, Detective-san. I don't want to interfere with your work, so let me give you a piece of advice. Don't involve yourself with me anymore." There wasn't a hint of rebellion in his voice; rather, he spoke in a way that almost made it seem like a love confession. "The Sheep and the Port Mafia are completely different. Even if you indicted me, my personal lawyer would prove me innocent in the blink of an eye. The evidence would disappear from your custody and the witnesses would be silenced. That's the kind of organization it is. If I'm being honest with you, it's a complete waste of your time."