.

The night grew tense as the footsteps of ruin got closer to the city.

A suburban highway's exit and entrance ramps were trampled underneath Guivre's foot. All of the bridges that keep up the road, the guide signs, and the median were crushed instantaneously. It was so instantaneous, in fact, that it didn't make a sound.

A lone car traveling on the highway took one look at where they were heading, completely disregarded the lanes of traffic, and hightailed it away. Guivre spouted out a beam of gravity in that direction and the car, along with the surrounding terrain, disappeared without a trace.

Dazai and Chuuya stared at Guivre from atop a spherical, industrial gas tank as it approached them. The tank was built in the suburbs to store gas for the city, and the top of it was situated higher than some of the tallest buildings in Yokohama. They were about eye-level with the face of Guivre. 

"I'd say there's about 30 minutes until the center of Yokohama is turned to dust." Dazai said absently as he stared at the beast.

"It's not like we'll see it happen." Chuuya replied, holding the hat in his hand. "Either he'll be blown to pieces or we'll be dead."

"Ugh, gross. Committing a double suicide with you would be the worst. Just this once, I'll take this seriously."

"Fine by me. I don't feel like dying today. I have to become an executive before you do so I can work you to the bone, after all."

"Wow, so confident. You're in the gem trade? Sounds like it's going pretty well."

"There's no way you can catch up to me. Our gems flow the way they do because our smugglers, buyers, and appraisers are the best in Yokohama."

"Oh, I know. Before you took over, I was in charge of that."

"What?!" Chuuya looked at Dazai in surprise. "Does that mean you were the first one to design those distribution routes?!"  

"He's about to reach our target distance, so let's worry about that later." Dazai nodded in it's direction with his chin.

Guivre's footsteps could be heard getting closer, and it's red gaze fixed upon them. Chuuya stared at the beast for a little while longer before shouting up at the sky.

"I can't believe I got Dazai's leftovers!"

"Just go."

The beast stepped over trees on the side of the road and snapped power lines. Billboards and abandoned bicycles began to float in the air because of the abnormal levels of gravity and were crushed until they became a mere speck of dust.

"You remember the plan?"

"Yeah."

Dazai and Chuuya stood side by side as they squared off with the beast. The wind on the rooftop made their clothes flutter.

"The only thing you have to be careful of is that this isn't a sound plan. I don't know what'll happen since Guivre and Arahabaki are going to clash. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole world was blown to pieces."

"It won't blow to pieces." Chuuya laughed. "Verlaine survived nine years ago by doing this."

Dazai's strategy was to open the gate and go against Guivre with Arahabaki's infinite energy.

"I already know how to open your gate. The activation spell is as N said, 'Oh, grantors of dark disgrace. May ye never wake me again'. From there, the seal of instruction will reset itself. That alone won't open the gate, but the hat will help." 

Chuuya held the black hat Verlaine had been wearing. It was a present from Rimbaud that had gifted metal embedded on the inside and with that, the wearer, in this case Chuuya, would be able to control the activation of the gate of their own free will. Verlaine was freely able to open his gate and use the power of the black hole because of that hat.