.

My main operating core made an emergency reboot three times before I somehow managed to regain consciousness. But I have no idea where I am at. I don't even know what kind of position I'm in. My surroundings were a whirling torrent of darkness rushing at high speeds, and my gauges for gravity abnormality were in mayhem. I couldn't get a scan on my surroundings whatsoever. I concluded that right now, I was probably inside Verlaine's body. There was no explanation for the interference in communications to the outside world, otherwise. Even the transmission waves were entrapped within the strong gravity.

My time measuring tools were reading at abnormal rates. According to the theory of relativity, time was flowing much faster in here than it was out there.

This place was extremely dangerous.

"Chuuya-sama! Where are you?!" I shouted with the maximum amount of sound pressure I could produce, but my voice didn't even reach my own hearing devices. It truly was as if I were in space. Only occasionally did light pass in front of me like a sandstorm. 

Just then, a warning siren went off in my core system and a brief report showed up in my feed.

Confirming the occurrence of emergency status number 812. Decompression of emergency protocol B approved. Overriding mission objective, and unlocking functions B1 and B2.

Then, I remembered everything.

This situation. The expected injuries from here on out. My reason for being dispatched.

This was inside Verlaine's body, after all. The singularity residing within him was released and the closest ones, Chuuya-sama and I, were entangled in it.

Chuuya-sama was in danger.

"Suspend emergency protocol for the time being. I will search for our highest ranking commander, Chuuya-sama."

I began to move forward, using jet propulsion to keep myself balanced.

"I'm coming to save you, Chuuya-sama!"

In the darkness of the cosmic storm, so dark I couldn't see the outline of my fingertips, I continued forward.

⤗⤗⤗⥁⬽⬽⬽

While Dazai was staring at the sight, the mafia continued it's desperate attacks.

The heat rays, flames, and flashes of light that covered the beast were all attacks from ability users who had been on standby in the rear guard. Along with that, mortars, anti-tank cannons, grenade launchers, and several attacks from mafioso's firearms flew through the sky and wrapped the beast in flames.

However, all of their attacks were obstructed by the bubbly black holes surrounding the beast. Physical bullets were swallowed whole, or the light emitted from the disappearing black holes evaporated them.

The ice wielding ability user made freezing air, but because of the sheer energy the beast created, the only effect it had was momentarily lowering the temperature. The ability user who could liquefy the earth tried to break down the soil beneath its feet, but he could only liquefy it to the point where it's monstrous foot only sank a little bit. 

Other ability users attacked the beast from all sides as well, dispersing one after another.

"It's pointless." Dazai mumbled dazedly as he watched over the attack. "Just like when the people of Sodom invoked the wrath of God. It's too one-sided, we can't even put up a fight."

"Dazai-dono!" Hirotsu rushed over to Dazai, holding the radio. "The mercenaries we bribed will be sending in aerial support shortly."

"Aerial support?"