Chapter 2: Getting To Know You

(Y/n)'s Pov:

I can't tell whether my eyes have deceived me, or did I just see the little red girl's scythe shrink right in front of me? Must be my eyes. As I shut the door behind me, I realized that I had forgotten to even turn on the lights when I first got in here and now I'm greeted with the darkness of the room, great.

while I was walking blindly around the room, using the wooden wall as a guide to try and find the power switch, I bumped into a few things along the way. tables, sets of chairs, and even weapon shelves as they tumbled to the ground with loud thuds and clanks. and probably one of the girls because the last thing I had impacted was quite soft and it also had responded to the sudden bump.

Snow Princess: "Wha- Hey! Who was that?!" It sounded like the girl with royalty in her voice, but before I could even respond someone had beat me to it.

???/4: "Weiss, is that you?" A new voice came as it sounded relatively close to us, At least I know what to call Miss Royalty now.

Weiss: "Blake? Where are you?" she sounded rather panicked as I started hearing footsteps again. Maybe it was the one with the cat ears on her head? since I had never heard her voice among the three.

I heard more voices to my right from what I could guess was the blonde and the little redhead talking. Then once I heard something fall over, I knew had to find the light switch fast before these girls could make even more of a mess. I felt the cold steel of something and moments later I felt a lever, before I could flip it, a recurring memory came into my mind. these girls came out of literally nowhere carrying large and foreign weapons. Gripping the handle of my rifle harder, I mentally prepared myself as one wrong mistake would either cost my life or theirs. The footsteps behind me grew louder, they were getting close. Then I flipped it.

I quickly turned around and pointed my rifle at the girls as they covered their eyes from the sudden flash of light. They were roughly just five steps away from me as I pointed my rifle at the blonde since she didn't have any weapons on her. After recovering from the light, the three of the girls looked at me with wide eyes as little Red had her eyes elsewhere. following her gaze, I saw what she was looking at. A gun on the floor. Not taking any chances, I cocked my gun to gain the red one's attention which worked as she was in a similar state as her friends.

The blonde was not happy about this as she yelled at me but I quickly countered as of course, I didn't trust them and we were in an armory full of weapons. if they couldn't get their weapons out of their holsters in time, then they could just grab one of the many weapons on the shelves. in response, she gritted her teeth as she took a fighting stance. My finger was hovering dangerously close to the trigger, just waiting for any slight movement from her, but before things could get even messier Red spoke up.

Lil Red: "Well talk!" she nearly shouted at us as me and blonde turned to look at her. I was relieved when she said that, I didn't want to kill anyone tonight, especially a girl that looked rather a year younger than me.

Lil Red: "But, you have to answer some of our questions first!" They all looked at me expectantly while blonde narrowed her eyes as if I were to make a move from this.

I thought about it for a moment, I did want to know why these girls were called huntresses, they certainly don't look like hunters from what they wear, I mean one of them is wearing a skirt. Other than that, they do have some interesting weapons, one that I had never seen before. And since they just appeared from some explosion, they might as well be aliens of some sort. Eventually, I agreed and dropped my gun on a table to not alarm them, Red moved closer and was right next to the blonde who was still giving me daggers.

Lil Red: "Where...exactly are we?" Sounded easy enough, this just confirms my theory that they are aliens...Why am I not surprised?

(Y/n): " Well Huntresses. I believe introductions are in order, I'm (Y/N). and welcome to Earth." I didn't know why I sounded rude, probably because of the lack of sleep I had but whatever planet they came from? They sure weren't gonna like it here. I raised my hand for Red, hoping that she would shake it and we could get things started with the questions.