Chapter 3: The Week Off

—---------

—--

—-------

'Surprise! We are going on a trip today!'

—----------

—-

—-------

'Honey! Take (Y/n) and run!'

—------

—--

—-----------

'FATHER, NOOOǪ̶͖͉͚̘̣̙͙͙͉̪͒̐̏̎̾̾́͆̇Ó̴̭̰͐̀͊̋̾̚O̴̢̧̧̭̠̻̱̙̗̫̺̳̝̰͌̍̇́̔͊̒̔̋́͘̚͝Ơ̶̞͉͕͙̬̖͓̝͉̝̤͒͝Ò̸̬̯͌͑͠Ö̷͎̤̹͍͕̲̺̺̦̰̐O̸̲̻̜̱͈͈͉̗͗̂͐͒̐̃́́͌̐̉̍̏͘͘Ơ̴̧̧̙̝̩͔̱͇͎͍͖̏͆̊̍̃͊̈́͘̕͜!̴̡̠̼̠̰̠̖̭͔̔̌͛̈́͊̚

(Y/n) sharply gasps for air as he rises from his bed with panicked breath. Sweat was pouring down his face as his heart continued to race. It happened again, the same dream happened again. The day (Y/n) lost his father. He had lost track of how many times it had continued to haunt his mind, but he was starting to grow tired of it. He just wishes for at least one proper night of sleep without that haunting memory plaguing his mind.

(Y/n): "Fucking nightmares." He muttered before wiping the sweat from his head.

The birds outside continue to chirp a beautiful melody as they bask in the morning sun as if to welcome it to the world. Meanwhile, (Y/n) got out of his parent's bedroom to find the house pretty quiet. He assumed that the four 'huntresses', as they call themselves, were still asleep in his bedroom.

Taking a glance at his clock, (Y/n) finds out that it was already 9:30 in the morning. Not wanting to waste any more time, He decided to make breakfast for himself and the four occupants before starting the day from there. but before he could even do so, curiosity got the better of him. He could recall last night's encounter with the four girls and the weapons that they carry. Ruby's large mechanized Scythe, Yang's gauntlets, everything. Not to mention how they were able to outrun the police on foot surprises him.

(Y/n) turns to the door to his bedroom, debating whether or not he should go in. He still didn't fully trust these girls. Since he had saved them from the cops, He didn't get the chance to fully know them other than their names and that they were a team of huntresses. Other than Weiss, who gave him a short lecture on what a huntress was and these creatures called Grimm, he didn't get the full context of it all.

As if he was in a daze, (Y/n) didn't even realize he was twisting the doorknob to his room.

Catching himself in the act, he took sharp breaths as he suddenly felt cautious of his choices. What if they weren't asleep and were just waiting for him to wake up so that they could ambush him? What then? (Y/n) twisted the doorknob and slowly opened the door, letting his head peek inside the room first.

Fortunately, his assumptions were correct. the girls were indeed still fast asleep, if not for Yang's loud snoring.

Sighing, (Y/n) slowly opened the door, just enough for his body to pass through, before closing it. He quickly turned to the four sleeping huntresses again to see if any of them were stirring awake. nothing.

(Y/n) stared at team RWBY's sleeping forms. On the top bunk were Ruby and Yang while at the bottom were Weiss and Blake. observing each one of their facial features, they certainly didn't look alien, much to his disappointment. They just seem like normal, teenage girls.