Chapter 1: The Cousins

Author's Note: I had this story planned since September 2015 and I've posting this on Fanfiction. Net since March 6th, 2020. I recently decided to post this on here and A03 as Fanfiction. Net receives chapter 19. I had to make some changes because of Tangled: The Series and Frozen II and I rewrote this chapter three times until I finally thought of a decent start for my story. This story takes place after Tangled, Tangled Ever After, Tangled: The Series, Frozen, Olaf's Frozen Adventure, Frozen Fever, Once Upon A Snowman, and will eventually take place after Frozen II.

On this August day, high up in the sky, sunlight shone through the clouds, reflecting from the deep blue, crystal waters amid tall mountains. Nobody could deny that Arendelle was beautiful and furthermore, peaceful.

Elsa and Anna were seated back to back on a stool next to a window with long drapes while Rapunzel stood behind an easel across from them with a paint tray lying flat on her left palm and Pascal sitting on her shoulder. Poised and graceful, Elsa stood tall with her hands folded on her lap and her French braid was over her right shoulder while Anna slouched with her arms crossed.

"Are you almost done, Rapunzel?" whined Anna, struggling to hold still in her seat. Since she was a child, she had never liked posing for portraits and there was nothing else she wanted except to leave, but her cousin was there, and she couldn't be rude. "I can't stay still any longer!"

"Be patient, Anna," Elsa giggled, holding still. Her day had been packed, organizing everything, signing over some documents, and, though she hadn't gotten a single minute to spend with her older cousin and younger sister until now, the day hadn't been unusually busy, her duties as a queen always on her shoulders. "You can sit still for a few more minutes. We're lucky that Rapunzel came to see us. She doesn't come here very often."

Rapunzel smiled as she dipped a brush into red paint. "Don't worry, Anna," she said with glee. She hummed happily as she painted another stroke, listening and relaxing with her cousins. "I'll be finished after I paint. It shouldn't take me very long. I even painted an entire wall in one day. I didn't have many things to do while I was alone, so I kept myself busy with many hobbies and painting became one of them. I was locked away in a tower for most of my life."

"I had nothing before the gates finally opened," said Anna.

"At least you weren't isolated in your own room for most of your childhood," Elsa said as her smile faded away, a slightly bitter tone in her voice.

Right when Rapunzel had finished the portrait, the door flew open, and Olaf raced into the room with his tiny twig arms waving around in excitement and happiness, and he greeted them with a characteristically happy smile. "Hi, there!"

Anna, Elsa, and Rapunzel all turned their attention to the snowman and said: "Hey, Olaf!"

"Where were you?" asked Anna. "You've been gone for a while."

"I came from the courtyard," Olaf said, approaching Rapunzel's easel. "I was hanging out with Kristoff, Sven, Maximus, and—is his name Flynn or Eugene?"

"Eugene," Rapunzel confirmed, petting Pascal. Olaf always was confused about what to call her husband. "Flynn Rider was his alias in his thieving days."

"Oh, okay." Olaf nodded. He came closer to the easel and peeked at Rapunzel's painting. Pascal raised an eyebrow at him. "I was bored so I decided to join you. What are you doing?"

"I just finished painting a portrait of Elsa and Anna," Rapunzel answered. She smiled at Pascal, and she gestured for Elsa, Anna, and Olaf to see her newest creation. "Take a look!"

Anna, Elsa, and Olaf gaped at Rapunzel's masterpiece. She had captured every single detail about her cousins, and it looked as if it had been done by a professional artist. Years of practice had really mastered her talent.