Chapter 9: One Late Night

"Wake up!"

Footsteps stomped down the creakily wooden stairs below deck, and Peepers reached the last step, across from two doors in the narrow hall. The door on the right creaked opened and Myra peeked out.

"What is it?" she asked.

"The Captain wants everyone to report on deck," Peepers exclaimed. "It's an emergency!"

Myra pointed to one of the doors. "You wake up everyone in there and I'll wake up everyone in here."

After Peepers nodded and headed towards the door on the left, Myra slid back into the small room, pulling the door shut behind her. She turned to the hammocks where the other female pirates were asleep.

"Get up!" she hollered. After some moans and complaints, the other female pirates rose their heads up at her. "Captain's orders! All hands on deck!"

While Myra was ordering all the pirates in the area to get up from their hammocks, Anna was still fast asleep in her hammock. She blocked out everything that was going on around her and a small smile formed on her face in her sleep.

Hard footsteps stomped over to her area and shook on the hammock. Anna rose from her hammock and saw that Myra, Anne, and Norma were standing at the foot of her hammock. Anna laid back down and turned over in her hammock.

"Come back later," she yawned, shutting her eyes. "I'm sleeping. And I was in the middle of a very pleasant dream too."

When Anna was getting ready to doze off, she heard someone, probably Myra, snap their fingers and footsteps went over to the corner of the room before they returned a second later. Without warning, she felt splashes of cold water drenching her and she rose with a gasp. She felt that her clothes and her hair were drenched, and Norma had a large empty bucket in her hand.

"What in the world?" Anna complained, shivering. "What did you—I mean ye do that for?!"

"All hands on deck!" Myra demanded. "Captain's order!"

"What for?"

"I don't know. Just get up!"

When Anna reached the deck, she saw that all of the other pirates were there. They all were half asleep and grumbling. As best as she could, Anna tried to come up with possibilities as to why they weren't in their hammocks. The only theory that she could come up with was that they could be getting into a battle with another pirate ship. She hoped that it wasn't the case. She couldn't imagine being in a ship battle and she never planned to be involved in one.

Anna finally saw Kristoff, Eugene, Maximus, and Sven huddled towards the cannons. As she went over to them, she heard Kristoff and Eugene complain to each other about Peepers.

"I guess he woke you guys up too," Anna groused, blowing a wet piece of hair from her face.

Her group had perplexed expressions on their faces. At first, Anna couldn't understand why until her body shivering reminded her that she was drenched.

"Uh...what happened to you?" Kristoff inquired.

Anna ran her fingers through her wet hair. "Yeah, I pretty much had a rude awakening." She saw that two pirates had fallen asleep on two barrels and Peepers stomped over to them to wake them up. "Do you know why Golden Eye wanted us up here?"

Kristoff shook his head. "No. I don't know what would be worth waking us up at three in the morning."

"It's seriously three?" Eugene moaned. "You have got to be kidding me!"

Anna sighed and shook her head. From what she had just heard, they only had three hours of sleep since they hadn't reported to their hammocks until midnight. She was just about to complain to her group when she heard Golden Eye coming to the middle of the ship.