Chapter 7: The Historical Auction

Nothing had seemed out of the ordinary ever since they'd left Baron Rupert's manor, anyone would agree with Anna on that. She couldn't believe that the four hours came and went already. To her, it still felt like they had just left Belliville.

As she listened to Eugene and Kristoff's conversation, Anna peered around the area for any sign that they would be arriving in Delitpen anytime. They were still walking on the same narrow road except the surroundings were unfamiliar. The green meadow was surrounded by long roads all around them, there was only one pine tree, and Anna swore that she could hear a woodpecker nearby. A smile appeared on her face as she excitedly searched all over for the bird, listening to the repeated series of drumming.

"Are we almost there?" Anna asked, her eyes shifting all over. She noticed that Maximus was irritated by the woodpecker's drumming but there really was nothing that she could do about it.

"Look ahead," Eugene pointed.

Anna turned to the front and her eyes widened when she saw the faint traces of tall buildings further down the road ahead of them. She could tell that it was a bigger country than Arendelle.

"Whoa," she remarked in awe. "That's Delitpen? I wasn't expecting it to be that big."

"Well, Anna," Kristoff chuckled. "All countries come in different shapes and sizes."

Anna chuckled and stared at the city coming closer to her. "Yeah, I'm really used to staying in Arendelle. I never thought that I could be going to two different countries in two days. I can't believe you and Lance didn't get caught here, Eugene."

"That's good too," Kristoff stated. "It means that we'll have no problem getting into Delitpen without worrying about Eugene getting arrested." He turned to Eugene. "Didn't you say that you got thrown in prison when you were in Pincosta?"

"Yes," Eugene remarked. Anna noticed that Maximus nodded. "If it hadn't been for Rapunzel and Stalyan, me and the rest of our group would be working in the copper mines of Malanay this very minute."

The sound of the woodpecker disappeared as Anna craned her head forward. "Even if Lance and Eugene were wanted in Delitpen, I'm sure people would've forgotten about it."

"That was what Rapunzel thought seconds before I got arrested in Pincosta," Eugene replied, glancing over his shoulders to Kristoff and Anna. "I was one of the most well-known criminals. People still remember my name and recognize me."

It was pretty much the same as Belliville except decorations were hanging all over the place. People were coming from the markets and the children were playing with each other. Some of the townspeople even had their pets with them and some citizens were sitting at tables by taverns.

After Anna slid off Sven, a tall, ancient building caught her attention. She slowly approached it and peered up to see that there was a bell at the top of the building. She could hear the voices of Eugene and Kristoff behind her as they unmounted from Maximus and Sven and she realized that she should get back to them.

Anna noticed that there were decorations all over the buildings and a large number of people were strolling in the city. She was used to seeing people in the towns but today seemed like it was a very important day. What was going on?

Kristoff whistled at the sight of Delitpen. "Somebody's having a celebration here."

"Ah, I see it now," Eugene remembered. "There must be a holiday going on. Lance and I were only here once, but I remember that they were celebrating something."

"Do you remember what they were celebrating?" Anna asked, peering up at a red banner hanging from a nearby building.

"We weren't paying attention," Eugene admitted. "We were so busy sneaking into the sheriff's home to steal his son's globe that we blocked out everything that was going on. We got away with it because everyone was so busy celebrating the holiday. By the time, the guards realized that something was up, Lance and I got away, hence how they never found out that it was us."