" 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀. 𝙄𝙏'𝙎 𝘼 𝘿𝙄𝙎𝙀𝘼𝙎𝙀!"

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩♩✧♪●♩○♬☆☆♬○♩●♪✧♩♩✧♪●♩○♬☆☆♬○♩●♪✧♩
Two years had passed, you met Alcina four times a week except for Wednesdays and Sundays when she had band rehearsal and when her husband forced her to go to church to make a good impression.
You wouldn't dare step in a church, you grew up with religion and whised to leave it behind.
The flower shop was still quiet and you were still slouching over the counter every day, doodling in the margins of a notebook.
To say you were bored, would be an understatement. You thought about Alcina every day, desoite the fact that you were good friends, you wanted more. You wanted to wish her goodnight and to kiss her cute cheeks.
Alcina was nearing the age of 43. You had bought her things for her birthdays and now you needed to buy her something else. Of course, she would get some flowers. And she would get a little card. You often have her books but now you wanted to do something more. You had no clue what to do.

After a Thursday night performance, you and Alcina met up at the bar area. That night, you heard sadness in her voice as she sung, which was quite unlike her.
" Everything okay, Alci?" You asked as Charles handed her some wine and walked away.
Alcina nodded but eventually shook her head. " It's my daughter's, they're terribly sick." She said quietly.
You frowned with concern. " Have you spoken to a doctor about this?" You asked, quite stupidly.
" Of course I have." Alcina snapped and shut her eyes. " God, I'm sorry. The doctor says that it's that genetic disease that has run through my family." Alcina explained.
You were shocked of her initial tone but it was understandable, she was stressed.
" Is he helping them?"
" He hasn't been able to cure me. He said that we just have to help them recover, by sitting in the sun, taking medicine. " Alcina sighed.
" I can help." You offered.
Alcina looked to you, her eyes meeting yours.
" Thank you. My husband has been more absent than ever. Wasting away..." Alcina drifted off in thought.
" That's not right."
" Well, it's just him." Alcina takes a sip of wine.
" Can I meet you tomorrow, bring your daughters and we'll go to the park. I'll bring orange juice and some lovely snacks. How about that?"
Alcina smiled. " Okay. I'll meet you in the morning." She said with a slight yawn.
" We should be leaving." You sighed and got up, paying for both of your drinks.
Alcina nodded and retrieved her bag from the dressing room before following you out the door.
" See you tomorrow." She said with a smile, you hugged her and parted ways.

The next morning, you met Alcina and her daughters in the twin Square like planned and walked to the park. You heard how sick they had gotten and you were truly concerned.
In the park, you laid out a blanket in the sun and placed the picnic basket down. Her daughters practically slumped down on the blanket and they all coughed slightly.
Alcina poured them some orange juice and they drank it.
" Thank you for doing this." Alcina whispered in your ear.
" You're my best friend, and your daughter's mean a lot to me." You smiled and squeezed Alcina's hand before preparing some food.
Alcina's eyes on you did not go unnoticed, but you kept quiet about it while you got the food together.

" Darlings, are you feeling a bit better?" Alcina asked her daughters who seemed to be looking a lot better. They all nodded and one of them coughed slightly.

You, Alcina and her daughters all spent the day at the park, surrounded by flowers and nature. You had some time in the sun before large dark clouds began to form that afternoon.
You and Alcina quickly packed up the picnic and she led her daughters away from the park.
" Please update me on the situation." You said, referencing to her daughters' sickness.
" I will." Alcina said and hugged you tightly.
You hugged each of her daughters goodbye and walked alone, back to your house.

You lay in silence for a while and grew concerned, keeping your eye on the old telephone on your vanity. You wanted Alcina to call you to say that everything was okay. But the telephone never rang. You didn't know to be stressed or relieved. She said that she would give you updates. You know that you were hovering a lot but your concern for her family was extremely evident.
Everything remained silent until two in the morning when the phone aoke you from your restless slumber with a deafening shrill.

You practically jumped out of bed and answered the phone
" Hello?" You said urgently.
You only heard quiet sobs over the phone. " Y/n..." You heard Alcina's voice crack in sadness.
" Alci, what is it? What's wrong?!" You asked in desperation for an answer.
" He said that they're not going to make it." She whispered over the phone.
You were in a state of disbelief, tears welled up in your eyes and you shook your head.
" No, no, but they were okay today. They were fine." You tried to reason.
" Don't come to my house. Just don't. I know you want to but stay where you are." Alcina said, her voice breaking in emotional agony.
" But Alci—"
She put the phone down and you paused for a moment. You slamned the phone down and stared blankly. You were distraught.

After a short while you began crying in rage, you were angry. Who were you angry with? God? Death herself? Were you full of self-hate? All of the above. You were angry with Alcina's husband, you were angry with the doctor. You were utterly angry.

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩♩✧♪●♩○♬☆☆♬○♩●♪✧♩♩✧♪●♩○♬☆☆♬○♩●♪✧♩
𝙔𝙚𝙨 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙮𝙨, 𝙞 𝙖𝙢 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙗𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙨, 𝙊𝙄𝙇 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙒𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍!!!! 𝙞 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙛𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙞 𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙤𝙞𝙡 𝙡𝙤𝙡𝙨. 𝙉𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙈𝙄𝙉𝘿!!! 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙖𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙠𝙖𝙮. 𝘼𝙨 𝘽𝙤𝙗 𝙍𝙤𝙨𝙨 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙: 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩.