4 years later

Once again, he had to go. Ever since Goo Joon Pyo's father had woken up from his coma, it seemed that his mother was much less pushy, however, Goo Joon Pyo had to always take week-long trips to the United States. Although she knew she shouldn't have to worry, Jandi felt much lonelier when he was in Seoul rather than when he is in the United States. And every time he would text "I love you" on the phone that was in her hands, it still felt so distant as if no matter how far she'd reach out, she could never hold him and tell him her feelings. So, she could only type "I love you, too" for those were the only words her hands could speak.

Despite all of this, Jandi had graduated college, on her way into the field of medicine. She studied hard to be able to help people just like how she did in Grandpa's clinic. Although she always mourned about Goo Joon Pyo's absence, she still had her "healthy distractions" that helped her forget about him. After realizing she couldn't swim, which was one of her soothing methods, Jandi had found a great interest in taking care of others and helping. She has been sticking to this hobby. To her interest, Jihoo has also accompanied her in this job.

Jihoo. 

He hadn't changed one bit besides going into another wave of depression. Even though he was excited and happy about Jandi's wedding. Jihoo couldn't help but have a mourning feeling about how he could never have her. It was somewhat easy to get over Seo Hyun but for some reason, he couldn't let Jandi go. She created a family that saved him, yet he was only and will always be her soulmate. However, there was still this sprinkle of hope that maybe somehow the tables could turn, or a miracle could let her into his arms again. The miracle was far away.