The surprise

"What?" Yi Jung would murmur as he looked straight at her, sorrow in his eyes. "Since when?" he'd ask.

"We've been going out for two weeks now!" she'd curve out a smile, her eyes shining as the sun. He'd open his dry lips to say something, but nothing would come out. He'd take a few moments to stare at her for any sign of laughter or any sudden, "Haha tricked you!" but none of that happened. Gaeul looked the sincerest she had ever been. 

"Everything alright?" she'd mouth; 

However, Yi Jung was not listening he staggered at the thought of Gaeul getting a boyfriend. It felt like the world had stopped evolving around him. In his mind, the customers stopped eating, the waitresses stopped their service and a sudden thumping in his head occurred. Has she forgotten the promise she made? She promised to wait for him, for her soulmate. What could have changed? Was all of Yi Jung's excitement for nothing?

"Yi Jung subae! Are you alright?" Gaeul's voice suddenly snapped him into reality. "Sunbae, is that odor here too strong? We can leave if you want" she'd say as she continued to wave her hand directly at his face. 

"I'm fine" Yi Jung would breathe, "I'm fine. I'm just amazed at how much you've grown" he'd give another weak smile at her, "I'm happy for you, Gaeul" he'd smile as he took a big bite out of his burger, combating the urge to spill out his feelings.

....

Jandi waited for the bus. Although it had been about 30 minutes, Jandi made sure that she was never late for the bus. Today, to her unluckiness, the bus would come a bit late, so she'd have to wait for another 15 minutes. Only a miracle like a magic carpet can save me now. she'd sigh as she looked left and right for the sight of two lights that acknowledged a bus.

15 minutes passed now and there was still no sign of the bus, "where could it be?" she'd murmur as her heart started to panic. Whilst panicking, a long black car parked in front of her. It was shiny and had the same fragrance as Goo Joon Pyo's car, however, this one was not it because it looked much shorter. Despite its inky windows, Jandi attempted to see who was in it.

"There's no point in looking, it's too dark" a familiar voice came out as a person came out of the car. His copper hair danced as the air touched it, and a sudden curved smile came along with it. 

"Jihoo!" Jandi would exclaim as she shot up from her sitting position and got closer, "why are you here?" she'd smile.

 he'd put his hands in his pockets and look to the sky, "Oh, I was just going for a drive until I saw an ugly girl sitting by herself" he'd snicker at the end as Jandi gave him a soft punch. 

"Well, if that is why you're here then you can go back to your boring drive" she'd frown which later opened into a big smile. 

Jihoo would shake his head, "I'm just kidding, I'm here to drop you off at your home" he'd smile as she gestured him to his car. Jandi would wait for a bit, thinking, it would be better if I wait for the bus, but a helping hand is much better! she'd nod as he helped her onto the car.

Jandi took a deep breath as she placed herself on the luxurious leather seat. "you're a real-life saver" she'd curve a smile to Jihoo, but to her surprise, he wasn't even taking a glimpse at her. He was looking at the window, covering his face however, his ears were bright red. "Jihoo, are alright? Did you get a cold?" Jandi would scoot closer to him to see what was going on. As soon as Jandi got closer Jihoo would get startled merging himself to the window, 

"I'm fine." he'd say before they both got quiet. As Jandi was numbering the things that could have made him turn red, she'd reached out to her bag when she suddenly noticed.

her skirt was rolled up, almost showing the upper parts of her leg.

transitioning into a peach face, Jandi would quickly push her skirt down making her knees to be the only part that would show. She'd take a quick glimpse towards Jihoo, who continued to have a red face, before she also turned the other way, about to burst with embarrassment.

...

"Thank you for the ride" Jandi would say to Jihoo, still in recovery from her embarrassment.

"Of course, anything for you" Jihoo would say his hair moving through the cold wind. "Still no news from Joon Pyo?" Jihoo would add. 

Jandi would let out a deep sigh, "No, not yet. We still haven't discussed our wedding plans". Jihoo would shiver, and Jandi would guess that it was either from the wind or the idea of lazy Goo Joon Pyo.

 "I'm sorry" Jihoo would bring his arm out and rub over Jandi's head, "I hope you two have the happiest ending" he'd curve out another smile making Jandi's heart skip a beat. As soon as Jandi opened her mouth Jihoo had already gotten in his car. driving off.

"I'm home!" Jandi would say as she struggled to get her shoes off which seemed to be hot glued to her feet.

 "Welcome home, Jandi how was school?" Jandi's mom would say as she was carefully peeling the skin off a shiny peach from the living room. surfaced with excitement from the sight of a peach, Jandi would stumble next to her mother's side, snatching a slice as if her life depended on it. 

"Oh, it was good." Jandi would murmur as she stuffed more peach slices in her mouth. Jandi's mother would sigh,

 "any news from goo Joon Pyo?" she'd say as she pushed the other sliced peaches away from Jandi. 

Jandi would stop, suddenly feeling like her worries had returned, "no, he won't be back for 3 days" Jandi would say as she sorrowfully looked at the bright peaches. 

"Well, at the end of the month, I expect you to get married to him." she'd say, "or else you got scammed for these past 4 years" Jandi's mom heave herself up and started walking towards the kitchen. Jandi froze at her spot; have I been scammed.? Jandi would think, staggered by her mother's words. Jandi enjoyed all the years that she had spent with Goo Joon Pyo. Jandi believed that he was truly the husband she would have for the rest of her life. So, a little bump in their relationship couldn't change anything. Right? Although most of their moments were when they were fighting with each other, it was very silly. 

"No, I'm not being scammed. Because Jihoo is with me" she'd murmur to herself before she got herself up with a grunt and went to her room.