Realisation

This dream was beyond the other experiences I'd had before.

I blinked.

One time.

Only that once was enough to make me actualise the situation. Although I was still floating around with my new buddies, I hardly paid attention to what was going on, where we were headed or whatever. My vision sharpened further as if to indicate to me that what I was thinking was the absolute truth.

I blinked another time.

Fuck! I was back to the damn fall!

Dammit, I hadn't wished for this!

‘Fuck! Take me back!’ My thoughts shouted and in a flash, I was back to the rollercoaster. Immediately, I turned in search of the spirit that I'd seen first when the switchback had approached me earlier in the ‘dream’. My mind was so ready to pester him with as many queries as possible. With the way the spirit had appeared in my earlier blurred vision, I saw a manly grotesque. And, I had no time to debate his real gender. My heart was already racing with all the emotions it could manage to pull off with.

Before I could even open my mouth to ask whether anyone was with me on this all-niveous ride, the figure appeared on my left, a smirk on its hideous features. I'd thought that my vision had perfected but I guess since I was in an abnormal situation, anything was okay. One second I could discern a cloud and in another, the mass morphed a visage. My novel neighbour didn't move his lips but I sensed words in my head that I was confident weren't as a result of my cognition.

‘You wanna know something?’ The question sounded echoically in the distance. I couldn't conclude whether it was some sort of effect in the space around us or a new way I was listening to what was in my head. Could it have been telepathy? I couldn't surely say.

As if instinctually, surprisingly, I replied in the same manner. Though, I didn't hear my response like some reflected sound from afar. I felt like I was the only one who had heard it, plus perhaps my neighbour.

‘Yeah.’ I nodded along with the answer.

‘Look down.’

From the look of things, I was the amateur here and without hesitation, I did as he'd calmly said.

Same shit. White clouds or something of the sort. That is all I could perceive. Before I could look back at him in question, ‘Look closely.’ Another echoey instruction came in. So, this individual could even know my thoughts before I could utter them. I took a swift mental note of that. I focused, wondering what he wanted me to decipher.

Back to the fall I was. Fresh fear burned in my chest as my vision honed another time. It seemed to do that every time I was thinking of focusing. The descent caught me off guard since I hadn't thought about it. I should have responded with a curse but instead, all my attention wanted to scan what the spirit had wanted me to see. So, the guy didn't get a reply from me whatsoever. My body just continued its sluggish journey downward while I kept my focus below, my mind badly demanding my sight to make out anything crucial. Anything different. Anything new.

The answers started coming.

My eyes began detecting small cottony mobile and static bodies far below the fog which seemed to be clearing by the second. Wait...was I approaching the ground? Particularly a cotton field or herd of white sheep? Or both? I couldn't pinpoint for sure. If I was, then I guess the travel from the sky of this dream world to its earth was the most horrid and wildly lengthy. It could probably take someone a billion seconds to complete the excursion.