More Quagmire

My eyes opened once, a subtle and swift tremble rushing down my whole system. It felt a little familiar but I barely gave a damn about it as I took in the illuminated front wall where I'd seen Mr Guardian thin out in the dream. Once more, I was back to the lit part of the cave and I was a bit surprised by the strange reality. Typical of a fresh-out-of-a-dream human, my neck turned left and right in curiosity about how I'd made it back to the upper chamber of this untraceable place. My legs lay straight on my bed facing the front while the part from my waist upward stood vertical. That alone also caused questions on whether I'd woken up in that particular position or otherwise. I wondered who or what had taken me out of the absolute darkness to where I was currently.

This was unusual. Had someone carried me? What kind of game was this?

‘Am I still alive? Really?’ A million-dollar question which I was yet to find answers to. I shook my head countless times at the same moment I continued looking around me, not hesitating to take a glance behind me just like it was in the dream. The queries kept on forming in my head but some were half-baked and thus were the replies or nothing at all to make sense of the situation.

‘Roma, this is no joke anymore. We surely need to know what's going on. There's a huge chance that we're kidnapped and being tossed around like a shitty experiment.’ My mind warned, its tone getting harsher with every word spit.

‘But, did you feel anyone carrying me back here?’ I asked.

‘No.’ I replied to myself, my mouth still shut ever since my awakening.

‘Then, how did we make it back here? Cause I barely remember using my feet either.’ Perplexation took another step up my conscience. I couldn't have sleepwalked. My unbothered soul smirked and shook its head prior to its statement.

‘Perhaps some force floated you back. And you still can't believe that? The dream alone showed you everything. But since you still got humanity at heart, you're terribly finding it hard to come to terms with that.’

I let out a heavy breath, slumping my shoulders while I kept my blank stare at the front wall, trying to add up the pieces of my thoughts. What was I supposed to believe from all the theories that popped inside my skull? Was I dead? Or this was some smart kidnap?

My feet commenced a shift to lead me off the bed after I'd thought about looking for the individual responsible for all this quagmire. I badly needed to know what this was all about. My mind couldn't even remember that I'd earlier on wanted to be here, inside this Stone Age space. Probably, the amount of time I'd spent in the weirdness was the reason for my worry. This was no longer fantasy and it seemed I'd been here for a day or so.

I paused, my feet already on the floor but my butt still on the bed, the divided thoughts advising me to wait and contemplate this shit after which I could come up with a better plan to act.

‘I don't think there's anything to think about here. And,...even when you think as hard as possible, your key out of this place is hardly on the same page with absolute reality.’

Where the hell was my soul sourcing this kind of explanation?

‘It's all in your head. And if you wish, it'll all come to pass. You know how it'll come to pass. You have to fall asleep again and in your next dream, you'll have to find a way out. Trust me. If you put your heart to it, you'll achieve it. Regardless of when.’ I shrugged.

I shrugged.

Yes. After all, it was my soul saying all of this. I hadn't reached the level where I could differentiate between my soul statements and those courtesy of my brain. It was a guessing game for me but since this was my body, I allocated the source by what I felt. If I felt my chest clutching with the words, then that was my soul saying things. If I frowned or felt a muscle twitch on my head alongside the comments, it was the mind responsible.