Fruitless Darkness

The smile I wore was no longer simple as I advanced in what began to illusionary feel like a pull towards the direction I was headed.

I could still feel my feet touching the floor but whilst I progressed, the sense kept on trifling and trifling until I couldn't feel the floor below my feet.

The situation had turned out to be like I was walking in the air, with an unsteady devilish grin that only got my heartbeat harder against my chest. There was an insignificant internal warning on what I was getting myself into but, I did nothing to stop going forward.

I stretched my arms wide, opening my chest so that the force could take me whole. It was no longer about touching the wall with my hands, but with everything I had.

The whole of my life.

The whole of my spirit.

I felt no remorse as I only urged the force to take me as far as possible. It felt too good going on in the silence.

No brain arguments.

No soul interruptions.

But,

Only pure ecstasy attributed to the effect of the pull. I felt so free. I felt like nothing dangerous would ever happen to me in this state and, I didn't want it to cease. I wanted it to go on and on and on.

That wasn't going to be the case though, as the motion power gradually came to a stop, leaving me hanging in space. The hard heartbeat was gone, as well as the bright shaky smile.

I almost frowned, but chose against it because I thought that would wake me up from the tempting world that I couldn't afford to abandon.

But, I chose to move my legs to test the floating sensation. If I'd been wiser, I shouldn't have considered any movement.

Regardless of how heavy with sleep my lids felt, I felt the motion of my lower limbs over the softness of what I was sure was a bed, though I couldn't tell which one it was.

Not to bother myself from the new sleep, I pushed the worries to the back of my mind, optimistic that another sweven was on the way.

Darkness.

After a while that I couldn't measure, the state of sleep began drifting out. I felt my frame lying on its left side, with energy so trivial only for my slow and deep breaths. I didn't need so much sense to understand that I was waking up again. I felt a comfortable warmth covering me and my mind came to wonder whether I had been covered again.

I subtly moved my shoulders but felt nothing like a cover over my body. I then remembered how generally warm the cave was. I went on and decided to make a stronger motion with all my limbs, but didn't turn to the other side as I debated on whether to get out of sleep or not.

‘C'mon...stay a little longer.’ An internal voice drawled.

‘Mmmm...Damn it I didn't dream about anything.’ The response too sounded like a dragged expression in my head.

I was weak to the advantage because a part of me wanted to stay in this state so that more sleep could pile upon me, even when I didn't know what sweven I preferred to experience just in case I got lucky in my next sleep episode.

While I waited for either the sleep to take me again or the post-sleep fatigue to evade, ‘Are you gonna tell me that you not dreaming isn't enough of a sign that you should give up as earlier promised?’