Chapter 5 - Going to Cousins!

"Jere? What's up?"

"Belly, are you with Conrad?" Jeremiah's voice is like a slap in the face.

"Uh no, why would I be with Conrad?"

"Uhh I don't know I just thought maybe you guys would-"

"Jere, what is going on?" Concern laces Belly's voice and it creeps into my stomach.

"Conrad's gone."

"Wait, what do you mean gone?" Belly sits up straighter.

"He's not answering my texts or picking up my calls," Jere says, way too calmly.

"Since when?" Belly counters.

"Yesterday."

"Isn't he in the middle of finals? Maybe he pulled an all-nighter at the library."

"No, no, I don't think so. Apparently, he told his roommate that everything is fucked. And then he just took off," I can hear the anxiety in Jeremiah's voice, "I think I'm going to go to Brown in the morning and see if I can track him down."

"Okay, but I'm coming with you."

"I was hoping you'd say that" Jeremiah chuckles, "Also how is...Um-"

"She's fine," Belly says looking at me, "And she's coming with us," Belly says before hanging up.

My stomach fills with jealousy and butterflies at the same time. On one hand, Jeremiah called Belly before he called me. Did he not trust me? But on the other hand, he asked about me! This meant he still cared about me, and I still have a chance at saving our relationship.

I went to sleep with lots and lots of hope for my future with Jeremiah.

Belly and I got up extra early that morning to pack our stuff. We couldn't let mom or Steven know anything about our plans for the day. Belly convinced me to wear something cute on our trip there to "impress" Jeremiah.

 Belly convinced me to wear something cute on our trip there to "impress" Jeremiah

This but the shorts cover more of the boxers ^

Belly's phone pings with a text from Jeremiah letting us know he's a couple hours away from Brown. We sneak downstairs and walk to the bus stop. The bus picks us up and we begin our long bus ride to Brown University.

Belly shoots a text to Taylor to cover for the both of us. Then she texts mom telling her that we were staying over at Taylor's. She told her that Taylor had been broken up with, and that she needed major comforting.

We get off the bus and stretch our legs for a moment. It's a pretty campus, very spacious with lots of trees. Since we don't know our way around, we get lost quickly and Belly has to call Jeremiah.

"Hey, umm, I'm here."

"Where?"

"Uh- on campus. Somewhere?"