Chapter 9 - The Partyyyyy

Ok so I didn't proofread this chapter so let me know if anything is wrong, please!! All feedback is appreciated <333

"It's sold??" Conrad pauses, "You sold this house in the last twelve hours??"

"Yes, to a lovely family with three children and some kind of a poodle mix," Julia tells us. She didn't need to add in the unnecessary information about the kids and the dog. We. Don't Care.

"It can't just be over," I tell her.

"It is. I'm going to need your keys, please?" Julia says, turning to the boys.

While Conrad takes his house key off of his key ring he tells Julia, "I'll bet you're really enjoying this."

"Mom don't do this..." Skye is finally defending us for once.

"Skye, really?" That's right, Julia, Skye isn't under your control anymore. Suck it! "I told you two that I was selling the house. You just refused to believe it. I'm not enjoying it, but I will admit that I'm relieved it's finally over. Come on, Skye," Julia says pushing through the group we had formed around her, "Excuse me."

Skye follows their mother, hopefully to tell her to back out of the deal. Jeremiah turns to me and wraps me in a hug, mostly to comfort himself but it comforts me a little too. It seems Skye's conversation with their mother is going to take a little longer than we expected so we group in the kitchen. After a moment of silence Jeremiah pulls us from our thoughts, "Ok, so I know things aren't going to great right now, but it's always the darkest before the dawn, right?" Not going so great is a big fucking understatement.

"Yeah, not this time," Connie is always on the downside of things, jesus christ get this kid a therapist.

The door shuts and Skye walks in, "I'm sorry, I couldn't get her to back out of the deal."

"It's not on you, Skye," Conrad's voice is the quietest I've ever heard it. He's so defeated it's hard to look at.

"I know, but she's my mom so I would get it if you guys were angry with me too. I just can't deal with her right now."

Jeremiah pulls them into a side-hug, "No one is mad at you, Skye."

"So what? We're supposed to go home now?" I recognize that tone in my brother's voice, mischievous.

"Yeah, it's over," This house holds all our most important memories and Connie is just letting it slip away.

"No!" Belly exclaims, "This can't be our last memory here. Everyone miserable and defeated. This place deserves a better goodbye than that!"

"Like what?" Hope sparks in Conrad's voice.

"Mom came to the beach house with Susannah, for the first time after her dad died. It was supposed to be just the two of them, but Susannah hated how empty the house felt, so she decided to throw a huge party. Everyone danced and drank. They went swimming at midnight. Susannah said it was like Gatsby." Steven fills in for Belly.

"Let's throw a party too!" Belly said, speaking what everyone was thinking.

"I'm in!" Jere says, looking at me.

"Me too!" I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Me three!" Taylor and Skye say at the same time.

"Oh, I love this for us!" Cam says like an excited puppy. I hope Jeremiah doesn't mind if I chip off a piece of my heart and give it to him.