Chapter 11 - The End MFS

Jere and I arrive home after Steven and Mom. It's because we made a bunch of pit stops at every gas station, after staying up all night we needed all the energy we could get.

"Hey guys! How was the ride back home?" Steven asks, coming up behind us and wrapping his arms around our shoulders. "You guys got here quite late...It's already 8pm. What took you guys so long?" He wiggles his eyebrows, but I can see that he's secretly glaring at Jeremiah. I blush and look away, my heart swells for the protectiveness of my brother.

"Relax dude," Jere chuckles, "We didn't get up to any of the things you're implying."

"Just making sure," Steven lets us go and heads to the kitchen.

"Hey guys! Jere, thank you so much for driving Cassie home, would you like to stay for the weekend?"

"No, that's fine Laurel. I don't want to intrude..."

"Relax, sweetheart, you're family."

"In that case," Jeremiah smirks at me, "I'd love to!"

"Great! We already ordered pizza, should be here in 10 minutes," Mom says cheerfully. Jere and I sit down on the couch and as soon as I do I get a call from Eddie. I do a double take because I thought he was done talking to me, but I guess not.

"Hey Ed! What's up?"

"Hey Cassie, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a double date with me and my girlfriend?" I glance at Jere with unease.

"Yup!" Jere exclaims loudly so Eddie can hear him.

"Oooo is that the guy??" Ed asks, causing me to blush.

"Yup," I say quickly.

"Awww, well the date is tomorrow, we're going bowling!"

"Ok, we'll meet you there, what time?"

"6pm."

"Ok, thanks, bye!" I tell him before hanging up.

"You are so going down in bowling," Jere laughs.

"You are such a try hard when it comes to bowling," I giggle along with him. Just then the doorbell rings, must be the pizza. I get up and open the door for the pizza guy. I thank him and then set the pizza down on the coffee table in the living room.

"How about we watch Stranger Things?" Mom says coming in with Steven.

"Sure," Jere and I answer in sync.

"Can Taylor come over?" Steven asks with a mouthful of pizza.

"Yeah, I don't care," Mom tells him.

Taylor arrives a couple minutes later, and we all get settled. We have a fun night of board games, video games, teaching mom the latest slang, and watching TV. Eventually I fall asleep on the couch. I feel Jeremiah lay a blanket over me and give me a forehead kiss before he heads off to the guest room to sleep.

I wake up around 11:00am to Jeremiah and Steven trying to make pancakes. I get up slowly with the blanket still wrapped around me.

"Morning sleepyhead," Jere says, coming over to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"Morning," I answer with a scratchy voice.

"We're making pancakes."

"No, I think you're burning pancakes," I say sarcastically.

"Oh shit!" Jere and Steven both say before rushing to the pan. They dump out what's left of their pancakes. "Cereal it is."

I get ready for the double date and step outside; Jere was already waiting in the car so as soon as I get in, we leave.

Eddie and his girlfriend are already there, "Cassidy, meet Emma!" Eddie introduces me excitedly.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you!" I give her a quick hug while Jere and Ed share some sort of 'bro hug.' We get started and choose the goofiest names possible. About 30 minutes in, we all order food. Jeremiah ends up winning all of the rounds we play. Eddie usually comes in second, Emma in third, and me last. I did get second place on our fourth round though, that made me super happy.

"It was nice meeting you man," Jeremiah tells Eddie, as we're leaving.

"You too, we should do this again sometime," Eddie answers him. I exchange a quick hug with Emma, and we set off.

"That was fun," Jeremiah says as we get into the car.

"Yeah, I agree, but all I want to do is sleep now," I let out a breathy laugh.

"You can sleep, I'll carry you out when we get home."

"Thank you, I love you," I say, already closing my eyes, but then they shoot back open when I register what I just said, "I mean- Uh- I do- I'm sorry!"

"Relax, I love you too. Jesus, I wish we didn't do this in the car, I want to kiss you, but I can't." I pull the hand that's not on the steering wheel to my mouth and kiss it. "It's not the same," Jere whines like a baby.

"Relax, you can kiss me when we get out," I giggle. All of a sudden Jeremiah pulls over and unbuckles himself, pulling my face towards his and smashing our lips together. We makeout for about 2 minutes before pulling away. Wordlessly, Jeremiah buckles himself again and pulls back into the road. I can't help but laugh. God, I love him.

UHMMMMM THIS CHAPTER LOWKEY SUCKS BUT I JUST WANTED TO GET THIS STORY OVER WITH. So sorry for the bad ending! I hope you guys at least liked the other aspects of the story lmfao. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!!!! I seriously appreciate it so much <3333 and all your comments were so funny and sweet!! I have this really good idea for a romance story, and I might decide to publish it so if you guys like my writing, stay tuned for that!