Chapter 7 - It's All Fun and Games...

"Jere!!" I whisper-yell.

"Aadfjhvajrhg."

"Jeremiah Fisher get up off my floor right this instant!" I decided to use my mom-voice on him.

"What?" Jeremiah says groggily. I've missed that morning voice.

"What are you doing sleeping on my floor?"

"You fell asleep, so I carried you up here and I was too tired to make it back to my room," He shrugs like it's no big deal.

"You are pathetic!" I say. I'm not sure why but I think it has to do with how hard I'm blushing right now and how badly I was Jeremiah to not notice.

"You're blushing~"

"No, I'm not!" I say, as I cover my face with my pillow, totally blushing.

"C'mon, M'lady. Let us find some breakfast." Jeremiah holds his hand out for me to take. I take it and we make our way downstairs, not letting go.

"I smell muffins!" Jeremiah calls when we walk into the kitchen.

"They're for the open house," Belly informs us. When we walk in further, we see Skye and Julia in the kitchen too.

Conrad walks in dripping wet, probably out surfing.

"Heyyy I told you I wanted to go surfing with you!" Jere exclaims.

"You were too busy passed out on Cassie's floor," Connie says, giving me a smile. I smile sheepishly back at him. Conrad then turns to Julia, "When did you guys get here?"

"In the morning. You boys should get on the road, beat the traffic back to Boston." Aunt Julia says.

"There's no chance. We're staying for the open house." Conrad says with finality.

Apparently, Julia doesn't pick up on his tone, "Oh nononono, I can't have a bunch of teenagers chasing everybody away. Call your father because this isn't an Aunt Julia problem."

"Except it is! Because you are the problem," Connie has always been the type of person to pick a fight before talking over something. It's his strong suit.

"I don't have time for this," Julia says, gesturing towards all of us.

"Conrad, she's still your family," Belly says, trying to talk some sense into Conrad.

"Then why is she doing this to us?"

"This is hard for her too!" Skye butts in.

"Really? Seems like she's doing this whole thing pretty fucking easily," Conrad walks away.

"Do you think your mom would notice if we took a couple muffins?" I ask, trying to ease the tension.

"Go ahead," Skye says without batting an eye.

A loud bang makes us all jump, but we don't care. Sounds like an Aunt Julia problem.

I follow Belly upstairs just to hang out with my sister because we've both been grieving over Susannah and our respective breakups. It's hard to get some girl time in between me comforting her and her comforting me. Taylor barges in demanding a piece of the muffin.

"So, girls, give me the juicy details. Cass what's going on with you and Jere? Belly, how are things with you and Conrad?"

"Ugh, I don't know. He gives me these looks and then he's back to Hostile Conrad." Belly sighs. Then she turns to me with her beady little sister eyes.

"Umm, that look is making me uncomfortable. But me and Jere are good. We aren't fighting. He's been...nice."

"Nice? Give us some substance!" Taylor exclaims.