Chapter 10 - Mommy to The Rescue

I headed to bed, eager to get away from the day. All I wanted was to slip into a deep sleep and wake up to find everything had all been a dream. Susannah wouldn't be dead. Me and Jere would still be together, so would Belly and Connie. The house wouldn't have been sold, and Julia was nothing but a distant memory. Skye was kind of growing on me though, at first I thought they were weird but they're lowkey kinda funny.

The door creaked open and I shuddered. I already knew who it was, "Cass?"

"Go away, I'm asleep."

"I wanted to apologize about dragging Belly into me and Conrad's fight," Jeremiah sighed.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to," I grumble.

"I'm going to say sorry to Bells in the morning, when she's less...Drunk," Jere lets out a dry laugh, "Are we okay?"

"We will be when you apologize to Belly."

"Can we snuggle?"

"Fine, but only because I don't know any better."

"Sounds good to me," Jeremiah says as he lays down on the floor of my room, "So much for not sleeping on the floor huh?" He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer.

"Good night," I say, though I'm not sure if it made any sense since I was already drifting off into sleep."

"Good night, Cassie. I love you."

I slightly stirred from the sounds of yelling, but that wasn't enough to make me get up. It was, however, enough to make Jere get up. I felt him slip out from behind me to check out where the noise was coming from. I just fell back asleep.

Jeremiah's pov:

As much as I hated getting up and untangling myself from Cassidy, I had to make sure to see if everyone was ok. I peaked out the door right as Belly had rushed past it. I heard a voice that sounded distinctively like Laurel's calling Belly's name from the room. Me and Connie made eye contact and he gestured for me to go after Bells. I needed to apologize anyways so I went, no questions asked. I wonder if he and Belly got into a fight last night too.

From afar I see Belly, crumpled near the water. I march up, "Want some company?" She gives a slight nod, and I sit down on the sand next to her. "I want to apologize for dragging you into me and Connie's fight last night-"

"It's fine,"

"No, it's not. I used you to get at him and I had no right to do that. I don't even know what went down between you two. I'm sorry."

Belly turns to me and gives me a small smile. It's small, but it's genuine. "Thanks. I forgive you."

"So..."

"So..."

"Was that Laurel I heard?"

Belly lets out a scoff and looks down, "Yup."

"Did you two fight?"

"Yup."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

She gives me a side eye, but soon she breaks out into a grin, "Stop apologizing. It's weird."

"I don't know what to say!" I laugh along with her. Belly leans her head on my shoulder. "I wanted to talk to you about something, Bells."