♕♛ Chapter 2 ♛♕

'Confidence comes naturally with success, but success comes only to those who are confident.' - Melchor Lim

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

To what do you owe your success - your love for your work or is it your passion that you have achieved such a position although being the youngest among all your competitors?

With a confident smile, he replied,

"Without love, how can you be passionate about something, my passion towards my work is because I love what I am doing and this explains why I have managed to acquire this position."

Amazement was clear on the interviewer's face from Rajveer Agnihotri's quick yet confident reply as he popped the next question with a mischievous smile put on,

"Talking about love, has any woman been lucky enough to have you got passionate towards her?"

He chuckled at his question and then answered with a smirk persistent on his face,

"Currently, the only two women who are lucky enough for that is my mother and my sister, there is still a vacant place in my heart, lets see who is lucky enough to have it occupied."

"What did he just say? I can't believe a person like Rajveer Agnihotri who is so handsome and successful is left out to be single?", my mother asked in surprise as we all watched the interview on television.

Yes, it was undeniable that how successful he was at such a young age and how strikingly handsome he looked in his three-tier navy suit encompassing a well-built muscular body. His face was another piece of art with high cheekbones and strong jaw line with a slight stubble on it. His charcoal eyes reflected his confidence while his deep husky voice emanated his mighty persona. He definitely was a person who could get girls easily flattered just by his looks. But for me, physical appearance never mattered because I have always believed in 'Beauty but skin deep'. After watching his interview, I somehow admired him, his confident approach and the way he carried his personality, not everyone can portray it like him.

As I think about it, a memory back from my college days struck my mind, yes I now remember who this Rajveer Agnihotri is - he is well-known among all the girls who are crazy about him. I remember one of my classmates miss out an important exam just to attend his motivational lecture at her brother's business institute. I couldn't believe how some people can go to such an extent for a person whom you have never met in your entire life.

I come out of my thoughts to hear my father's reply,

"He must have not found the girl who can meet his expectations of a perfect life partner. We should not think about his personal life, but we should rather be proud that our son is working for a company which is headed by a person like Rajveer Agnihotri."

"So Aarav works for Rajveer Agnihotri?", I asked my father in a surprised tone.

Before my father could reply, we heard the doorbell ring, I walked towards the door to open it to see a surprised look on both their faces as they eyed me with complete shock.

"OMG Dee! What a pleasant surprise! When did you arrive? You had told me on the phone that you will be arriving after 2 days, why this sudden change in plan and you didn't even inform me, I would have come to receive you.", said my younger brother Aarav who I think is no longer younger to me as he is scolding me like an elder brother.

Another voice of Vihaan interrupted as he mimicked Aarav.

I laughed at his attempt while Aarav gave him a deadly glare, adding more fuel to my laughter.

Vihaan had always been my best friend since childhood. He is jocular, but not to forget how intelligent he is. Vihaan is a person after my father, who truly understood me, my emotions and who actually Avni Nambiar is.

"Come on Aarav, stop glaring me like this. I was just entertaining your sister with some of my mimicry skills.", Vihaan said giving my brother a light pat on his shoulders.

Then he headed towards me to give me a hug.

"I missed you so much Vihaan.", I said as I pulled myself out from his embrace.

"I missed you too. But don't get this into your mind that I have forgiven you, Envy! You have no right to hide things from your best friend.", Vihaan said with a warning edge in his tone but still having a smile plastered on his face.

"Vihaan! Can you just stop calling me that? You can't welcome your best friend by calling such names.", I said as I glared at him angrily.

"What do you mean by such names? It is 'Envy', don't you dare insult this cute nickname which I have given you, Envy.", Vihaan said with amusement clear in his tone.

"I have had it enough, I am not going to leave you."

I step towards him but I was stopped by my brother who said, "Dee, stop fighting like a little girl. What would people think when they will find out that a cardiac surgeon is behaving like this."

"Ohh, so if you really want to see how a cardiac surgeon behaves, then allow me to show you a glimpse of it.", I replied with an evil smile.

He looked at me in horror and ran away from me as I followed him.

Soon my parents and Vihaan were witnessing a 'Tom & Jerry' scene in my house as my mother shouted at us aloud, "Can you two just stop this. It is really hard to believe that grown-ups like you can act like kids indulging yourself in such a fight."

We both stopped at her command and ran towards my mother as we both hugged her while I said, "We both are still kids but only for our mommy-dearest, that grown-up side is just our robe for outsiders."

"Only for mommy-dearest, that means daddy is an outsider.", said our father making an innocent face.

We couldn't hold back ourselves as we all laughed out loud.

After that, we all settled on the dining table as I began to serve everybody.

"Wow dee! That magic is still pertained in your cooking.", Aarav said as he ate his food.

"That magic is in her genes which is inherited from me so I think I owe all the credit.", said my mother.

We all laughed at it and as we all went silent after a while, my father was coughing persistently.

I gave him a glass of water but as he was about to hold it,

his breathing got heavier and soon his eyes were shutting as he leaned on me.

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

A/N :

Hello to all the readers of my story! :-)

Check out the photo of Rajveer Agnihotri in the media section.

If you lyk this chp, do Vote and leave ur Comments.

Enjoy Wattpadin! :-)