♕♛ Chapter 8 ♛♕

"No, please let me go.", I pleaded while I eyed the lethal weapon with which I was being tormented.

"You are not going anywhere, Avni!"

My tormentor took few steps in front of me clutching the lethal weapon.

"But mummy, please!", I nearly begged while the response to my plea was a 'NO' but I still continued,

"I promise I'll take care of myself but please keep that thing away from me.", I said whilst pointing towards the horrible thing which my mother was holding.

"Avni, you are not going anywhere and you are going to drink this right now. I have added all the essential condiments in this herbal tea which will cure your headache in no time."

Hell it will cure my headache, that cup of bitter venom will only worsen it.

I tried to make my most serious face as I said,
"I have a very important surgery lined up today so I have no other choice than to head to the hospital."

"So, is today the day of Mrs. Agnihotri's surgery?", my mother asked while her tone which sounded menacing a few minutes ago turned into that of curiosity.

"Yes today is the day. They have given this responsibility to me so I couldn't back out now just because of a silly headache.", I said putting up the best puppy face.

My mother sighed as she said,
"Okay, you can go but on one condition, you will have to drink every bit of the contents of this tea."

I was about to say something but she cut me in, "I don't want to hear any excuses or I'll make you drink one more cup of this herbal tea."

I gulped down the lump which formed in my throat hearing about having two cups of herbal tea.

My eyes widened while my mother had her scrutinizing gaze on me as she held the cup in front of me.

Its horrible smell reached my nostrils which worsened my headache.

The only thing I could do now was to think of a plan from my aching head.

Think Avni! Think!

You are not going to drink that horrible thing.

You have to escape from this or else get ready to drink that bitter poison.

Suddenly it hit me.

I squealed internally as I knew what I have to do now.

"Mummy, you stand here. I'll be right back in a minute."

"No! Drink this first and then you can go anywhere."

I held my pinky finger in front of her as I made an innocent face.

"Teacher, may I go to the washroom. I might add its quite urgent."

I bit the inside of my cheeks trying to hold my laughter as my mother nodded her head in affirmation.

When I saw my mother avert her gaze from me to the daily soap opera on the TV, I quickly made my way to the kitchen.

On the way, I rubbed my hands as a mischievous smile made its way on my face.

Someone's gonna regret being related to me.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

"Aaaaaraaavvvvv!!!", I called my brother in a sing-song voice while I hid the plate behind me which was the most important aspect of my master plan.

Aarav lifted his head from his laptop on which he was working and raised an eyebrow trying to glance at what I was hiding.

I grinned at him and showed him the plate while both his eyebrows shot up in question.