♕♛ Chapter 22 ♛♕

'It's not gonna be easy.
It's gonna be really hard, and we're gonna have to work at this everyday.
But I wanna do that because I want you.
I want all of you, forever, you and me, everyday.'
- Noah (The Notebook)

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

3 minutes.

Within these three minutes, my life was going to change.

Moreover, my last name was going to change.

Mrs. Avni Rajveer Agnihotri!

Just the sound of it reverberated tingles throughout my body.

And those tingles only amplified when I felt a gaze on me.

I glanced at my side to stare at those charcoal eyes as they were glued to me in a mesmerized trance.

I blushed.

3 months.

It has been three months since the day I agreed to have my last name changed.

Three months since I had this beautiful ring coronating my finger.

Three months since I agreed to have myself complemented by the person who I loved.

Love which only grew day by day until this day when I'll agree to spend every day of my life with him.

The already amplified tingles amplified even more when I felt a hand grasping my hand.

Rajveer gave my hand a light squeeze and this time, I blushed harder.

And with that, the three minutes ended and the wedding ritual started; a new chapter of my life started.

With my love whose last name I was going to steal soon.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

"This is called stripping. You are stripping me."

I shrieked in terror and in response I got amused expressions followed by laughs.

"Do you guys even realize that what you are doing is completely illegal." I paused and pointed an accusing finger at Tanushree,

"It is illegal to strip your best friend without her consent on her wedding night."

Because that privilege only belongs to my Rajveer.

Trying not to blush, I pointed another accusing finger at the other culprit who had joined hands with my supposed best friend.

"And it is even illegal to stand and watch your sister-in-law getting half naked."

"Geez Avni, chill out. We aren't stripping you. We just want your dupatta." [dupatta is a long scarf worn over lehengas.]