♕♛ Chapter 21 ♛♕

'It hurts so much;
Not to have you by my side
Not to be around you
Not to be with you.
You're the pain that I won't give up.'

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

"Do you love him?"

Busted!

I was about to raise my hands in surrender but my hands were busy holding a cup of herbal tea and I was busy choking on the herbal tea.

"Him? Amma, who are you taking about?"

I don't know whether it was my jet speed questions or me calling my mom 'amma' that made her stare at me accusingly as she pointed her finger to the far corner of our room.

"Do you see those bouquets out there, I am talking about the person who gifted you those and before you start acting blind and ask me, what kind of bouquet I am talking about, you may go to the backyard which is now completely filled with such bouquets and if you are still confused, I am talking about the person who gifted you jumbo tubs of Rocky-Road ice-cream which is currently resting in our freezer; half of which I have given to our neighbour's son."

If it wasn't my mom burning holes on me with her glare, I would have rushed to our neighbour's house and brought the ice-cream tubs back and would have even given that neighbour's son one of my creepy faces so that he would be horrified by me for a lifetime.

Call me cruel and selfish but we are talking about Rocky Road Ice-cream.

'which is gifted by your beloved Rajveer.', my subconscious mocked and I locked it at the back of my mind.

I was brought back to reality when my mom snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Dr. Avni Nambiar, I want answers.", my mom demanded.

"A-Amma, I-um, I....", I trailed off while my cheeks turned into a good shade of red.

"Oh my! Is my daughter blushing? Wait, did you wear that blush?"

And as if to answer my mom, my cheeks turned another shade of red proving that it wasn't any stupid makeup but it was my bloody blood circulation.

"Oh my! My daughter is really blushing."

My mom went in her over-excited state while I gave her a weird look but my stupid cheeks continued burning.