♕♛Chapter 28♛♕

'Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it is about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it.'

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

Darkness loomed through my eyes and the silence which complemented it felt numbing and yet peaceful.

I wanted this forever. I had no idea where I was but whatever this place was, it protected me.

I felt safe.

Just when I thought I was alone, I heard a voice.

A familiar voice.

I followed that voice and soon I saw a ray of light cutting the darkness like a sword.

I walked my way towards it as the voice became more prominent.

'Avni!'

No way. That can't be true.

I ran towards the light and saw the back of someone and it was a very familiar back.

"Daddy!", I whispered.

He turned to look at me.

"So you finally came to meet your daddy, my little princess."

I was in tears as I couldn't believe my eyes. My daddy was here. He was really here with me. I quickly rushed towards him but something stopped me.

I don't know what but I felt like my feet was stuck in some kind of glue and some force was holding me back. I struggled and applied my entire strength to let loose and go towards my father but I couldn't.

I started screaming and crying, "Leave me whoever the bitch you are."

I heard a laugh and there I saw my father laughing.

"Language Avni and that bitch is your father dear."

I frowned, "Really sorry daddy but why are you stopping me."

"Because you disappointed me, my little princess."

I saw hurt flash in his eyes, which felt like a dagger to my heart.

"I had always thought my Avni was the strongest and she could face anything and everything. Not necessary that my Avni would always win her fight, but I knew one thing for sure that she was a fighter and not a quitter. But now what I see is a quitter." He heaved a sigh as he spoke looking straight into my eyes, "You are not my Avni. You cannot be my daughter. You are a quitter, a coward."

The voice started trailing off as I felt caged while the darkness started enveloping me again.

"You are not my Avni."