[Chapter Two] | A Meaningful Talk

"Ahh!~ That hit the spot..." Yumiko exclaimed with satisfaction.

"Glad to see you're enjoying yourself," Y/N sarcastically says, leaning back in his chair.

"And you're not? And here I thought you'd be happy that you were able to carry my things," Yumiko teased with a slight grin. "Most guys would kill to spend even a single minute with me."

Y/N looked unamused. "If you're implying that I'm like those guys who will act like dogs the minute they see their deity or some crap like that, you're mistaken. I, for one, have dignity."

"Oh? You have dignity? I could've sworn that you looked a little giddy when I shoved my groceries into your arms."

"You're imagining things." Y/N took a sip from his cup of tea, as opposed to the coffee Yumiko had ordered. "So? How's life been going for you? You know, since I've been gone and what not."

"Hmm? Oh, I guess it's been fine. Things have been normal as usual."

Y/N raised an eyebrow. "And by normal, do you mean to say that you're ordering people around like you're high and mighty?"

Yumiko snorted, "You sure have a colorful imagination as to what happened back then."

"It's kind of true. I had to put up with your shenanigans as you dragged me around and ordered me to do whatever. Much to my chagrin, anyway." He sighed, "Well, I can't say that I didn't enjoy it from time to time. They were some of my most precious memories from childhood, so I can't say it was all bad."

"Exactly. We had a great time with each other back then." Yumiko put on a proud smirk. She soon returned to a neutral expression. "But... I suppose you can say that I have mellowed out a bit..."

He looked surprised. "Really? The great and mighty Yumiko Miura has mellowed out? I don't believe it."

"I really did, you jerk!" She stood up and slapped his shoulder, to which he recoiled playfully.

"Alright, alright, I believe you," Y/N laughed, "but care to tell me how you mellowed out exactly?"

Yumiko grumbled in slight frustration. "As much as I hate to admit it, it was thanks to this really annoying person in our grade."

"Not surprised. Nearly a hundred percent of the people in the classes we've been in together annoy you."

"Shut up," she said with a glare. "Anyway, if this girl hadn't stepped in, I suppose I really wouldn't have become friends with Yui... Still doesn't change the fact that I hate the way she acts," Yumiko mutters bitterly.

"Huh. With the way you described her, it sounds like she's a real ice queen."

"And you're a real prick."

"Ouch. Your words sting me, Yumi-chan."

"Hey, don't mock me, idiot." She kicks his shin.

"Ow! You didn't have to do that!"

She playfully sticks her tongue out at him. "Then maybe you should choose your words carefully next time."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Anyway, enough about me. What about you? What have you been up to?" She asked.

Y/N points at himself, "Me?"

She simply nods, taking another sip from her coffee. Y/N does the same, a brief sip from his cup of chai and leaning back in his chair a little. What was there to talk about?

He spent quite a bit of time overseas. Y/N's father was an entrepreneur of sorts for a pharmaceuticals company, devoting a lot of their research in trying to develop the latest cures and vaccines to some of the world's deadliest viruses and diseases. And aside from just going to a business prep school, he was also spending his time learning the craft of taking the family business whenever he comes of age.