[Chapter Ten] | Jam Session

Hums of awe and surprise filled the classroom. Many of the boys in the classroom gawked at the pretty purple-haired girl that stood at the front, a bright smile on her face with her eyes closed and her arms behind her head. Written in kanji, "Hasegawa Erica," the purple-haired girl had been assigned to Y/N's class, Class 2-J.

The teacher of the class was a dark brown-haired woman, her long brown hair put into a ponytail that went down to the bottom of her shoulders, bangs swept to the left that displayed the stoic expression on her face.

With her stoic expression still showing, her arms crossed, the teacher looked to Erica.

"Then, go on ahead and introduce yourself, Hasegawa," she explained.

"Yes, ma'am." The girl had cheerfully called out, soon turning to the rest of the class and raising a hand up. "Heyo, people! Erica Hasegawa is the name! Feel free to call me either! Looking forward to getting along with ya all!~"

Because of her cheerful and energetic nature, that gung-ho personality of hers clearly shining through, it did erupt a mountain of conversation. Already, boys were beginning to clamor out for her number and other sorts of personal details. Whilst a few of the girls did genuinely want to become friends with her, it did seem like that the prettiest girl in this class, and perhaps the whole entire school, Yukino Yukinoshita, had some competition. In fact, a majority of the girls in this class already didn't wish to speak with her, fearing for their social standing.

However, speaking of the Yukinoshita girl, the black-haired beauty was currently seated in her seat, the desk next to L/N. Reading a small little novel, she curled a small glance at the brown-haired boy next to her, to which he noticed her gaze.

"Need something?"

"Nothing in particular," Yukino replied briskly. "Just rather curious because you both walked into here this morning together."

Y/N gained a teasing grin. "Oh? Don't tell me that the great Yukino Yukinoshita is simply jealous of another girl. Do you wish to be the only one that talks to me casually in class?"

Yukino sighed. "What childish thinking. I would not let myself get jealous simply because of another girl. You're thinking far too much into it, L/N-kun."

"Then what is it that you are curious about, Yukinoshita-san? I don't see how my relationship with Erica is important to you. If anything, it hardly is."

"Interesting. So you two are on a first name basis?"

"You didn't answer me from what I asked you."

She raised an eyebrow at him. "Is it so wrong to be curious about what kind of relationship you have with her?"

Y/N sighed, turning to her in his chair. "The way you're asking me is that you're implying that there is something going on with us. Perhaps on the romantic side."

"I did not seem to inquire about anything related to that at all. If anything, you're clearly imagining things, L/N-kun."

"Right..." He rolled his eyes. "Well, if you must know, I would more or less say we're good friends because we went to the same prep school overseas."

"I see. Though in all honesty, it is quite surprising. To see that you have a friend like that."

"Oh? And how is that surprising?"

"It's simple, really," she said, without looking at him as she flips through a page of her novel. "Her personality is the total opposite of yours. She's quite happy and upbeat, unlike yourself. Your brooding and condescending attitude reminds me of a person I dislike a lot."