[Chapter Four] | New School, Old Face

His playlist stopped. The music receded from his phone.

And just in time, Edward had walked up to the entrance of his room and lightly knocked. The sound was enough for him to aroused from his slight slumber, Y/N rising up and rubbing his eyes as his vision adjusted.

"Master L/N, your mother has arrived home."

"Oh... I see... Thank you for notifying me, Edward."

"It was my pleasure, Master L/N."

The old butler merely bowed in respect and turned around to leave. With a slight groan, Y/N forces himself up and rises, heading into his bathroom and turning the sink water on, gathering up some warm water and splashing it onto his face. With his mind cleared, somewhat, anyway, he exited his room and began to head down the stairs, putting on a small smile as he came into view of a particular woman.

The woman in particular gained a bright smile herself, her silver hair cascading down her back as it was put into a ponytail. Her bright blue eyes shined and could mesmerize any man, though they offered affection only to a select few. Though her blue eyes looked icy, she looked at her son with a gaze filled with warmth and love, further supported by the fact that she soon engulfs Y/N with a warm, loving embrace. He reciprocates it as well, Y/N letting out a deep sigh as he hugged his mother tightly.

When they separated, he stared into his mother's eyes, his smile still persisting as he grasped her hand and gripped it tightly.

"It is good to see you again, Y/N," Y/N's mother starts off, then crossing her arms under her chest. "I trust that you have been well during your time with your father."

"Well, I wouldn't say I had the best of times over there, but I did try to make the most of it," he admitted.

She sighed, "I understand that your father isn't... The most supportive of what you want to do, but do at least give it a small chance."

"I know, I know, but... You know that this isn't what I want to do."

"And you have confided it with me and I support you for it. But for now... Just bear with it for me. Okay?"

"Yes, mother."

His mother then claps her hands. "Now, then. I am feeling quite famished. Edward? Have the cooks prepared dinner?"

Edward bows stiffly, "Dinner will be served in but a moment, Milady."

"Splendid! Now, come, Y/N. Let us settle ourselves at the table."

"Right."

---

Now seated at the dinner table, almost an extravagant meal was prepared for them. It was fancy, but nothing majorly fancy, but was a well-prepared, and cooked meal that just desired to be consumed.

It was quiet for the most part, Y/N listening to his mother hum to herself as she made cuts in the meat before elegantly stabbing it with her fork and gently placing it into her mouth. He eyed her, stopping himself from eating momentarily as he watched her.

Looking at her, it was like she was the definition of a perfect mother. She was calm and graceful. Kind and gentle most of the time, but stern and strict when she needed to be. A caring and supportive mother, ready to stand by him whenever she needed to be. This was his mother, Eleanor L/N. Half-Japanese and English woman, she ended up meeting his father during their time in England together. It was there they fell in love apparently before moving here and having him. Both of his parents came from well-off families, but Eleanor was considered to be a "bastard's child", born from another woman that her father ended up impregnating on a drunken escapade. Or so the story is told. But despite this, she was still fed well and treated fairly within her family home.