❤️ ~ Breakfast

No-one's POV:

Zander groaned as the sun broke through the dark tint of the curtains, gently nudging him out of his slumber. He turned over to find Luke lay beside him, still within the world of dreams, peaceful and quiet. Zander admired his soft expression, running his hand gently across his boyfriend's cheek.

The temptation struck him, leaving him unable to resist. He leaned forward, planting a gentle kiss on his forehead, watching a smile tug at Luke's lips as he entered reality. His hazel gaze immediately locked onto Zander's, as he spoke softly and deep in his morning voice. A simple "Good morning..." escaped him, warming Zander's heart.

Luke outstretched his arms to embrace his shorter partner, Zander immediately accepted his act of intimacy. Their bodies stuck together like glue, Luke gently returning the kiss on Zander's head. "Well... Maybe we should get up now." He spoke quietly into Zander's ear.

Zander groaned in response. Clinging tighter to Luke and burying his head into his shirt. "No. I'm staying here." He pouted, bringing his legs up to curl into his stomach as a way of getting him to stay.

"Alright... But I'm hungry, so I'll make some for myself." Luke sighed, as he broke away from Zander's hold.

As he placed some bacon into a pan, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his chest. Looking back, he saw his beloved boyfriend, still tired and huddled over. Luke skilfully handled the bacon with one hand, and wrapped his arm around Zander with the other. "You know, we could finish up breakfast and watch a movie if we do this quickly."

Zander's eyes immediately lit up, nodding and getting started on making coffee. Amidst the clacking of pans, cups and various other utensils and cutlery, Luke inspected Zander's movement. Watching him eagerly make coffee in hopes of hugs and the promise of watching a movie with his boyfriend.

Although Luke was not the best cook, Zander still took the time to taste all of the flavours and burnt edges of his bacon, appreciating every bite. Luke however, watching in anticipation on how his culinary skills are treating his meal. "How is it? Is it alright? I think I left it on the stove too long..."

Zander immediately looked up from his meal and smiled. "This is amazing Luke! Don't beat yourself up about it... Though it is a little undercooked-" He said sarcastically.

Luke laughed and thanked him, finishing his meal. Finally they went into the living room, cuddling over a movie. They relished in what they love most; to be embraced by the person they loved.

441 Words.