9

RUBY POV

THE NIGHT BEFORE

I was stunned seeing him looking at me like I don't exist.
I just stood there while walking towards me.

What is he thinking?
He came to me like he is not surprised at all
Like he is seeing me on daily basis
I can't even process what happened next.

He was stumbling and walked slowly before me. I looked up at him blankly what he is doing?
He looked at me clouded eyes
There is a faint smell of alcohol coming from him.

He was looking at me all over my face with faint smile in his lips.
Finally landing his eyes on my eyes.
We stood there taking in each other.
He smiled at me and bended to hug me. I froze in sudden sensation of my mate being this close to me.

I was taking in the fact that, he was hugging me. whwn suddenly his alpha scent hit me like a rush of wave hit my whole being. he started to bury his face in the crook of my neck. i am actually 1 feet less height than him.

the hug feels warm and safe. i wrapped my hands around him to hug him back. Feeling him close to me and taking his scent in my being. i was getting comfortable when suddenly soft and moist kisses landed on my neck,which suprised me a little. They felt both tickling and burning hot in my skin. i know i myself getting red now.

suddenly he broke the hug and looked at me. "why are so beautiful my ruby? i love you soo much that even if it is a dream i cant control myself, how am i gonna control myself in reality" he said to me looking at my eyes with all the love in the world.

i was shook to hear this words from him. Because it is the first time he is saying i love you to me but all in drunken state and altogether thinking that i am in his dreams. Of all thinks that confuses me is why does he even need to control himself? is what confuses me more. he was still standing there and standing half hugging my waist.

I looked at him and reached my hands on his cheeks to caress his face," why do you have to control yourself Fred when i am your mate?" i asked him, he looked at me blankly. his face fell a little sad " i cant make you mine now my love ruby, because you dont have your memory fully, if one day you gain all the memory back and you dont like me or our bond and want to break it, it will be hard and it could hurt you a lot, i want you to accept me fully, i love you so much that it becomes unbearable for me to not get close to you if i am near you, it makes me go crazy, i always run away from you whenever i feel like it, i even said my parents about it and they dont even understand me, see now even in my dreams i always come to you. Now you look too real i am hallucinating to this extend, i want to touch you, feel you, kiss you, love you, make you all mine, show of to the world we belong to each other but i cant do that now when you dont even know who you are to yourself. but no matter who you are i will always love you and never leave your side but i am scared what if you leave me when you know who you are? i am scared Ruby i am really scared" he started to tear up with a low whining from all the emotions.

i know he is saying all this to be thinking that i am his dream, i was starting to feel my eyes getting wet too. He was all along suffering while i was suffering and yearning for him. To think that he doesnt love me seems to be foolish to the extend i want to scold my stupidity, all the time he loved me to the extend that for the fear that i will leave him once my memory returns but why would i leave him. he even confessed to me thinking that i am his dream. If i think all this time i loved him as his mate it actually increased ten folds knowing he is putting me always in his thoughts, i was thinking he is avoiding me because he dont like me but now i wanna make him feel my love for him and show him i am not gonna leave him in this life time. when did i become so lucky to have him in my life.

i was thinking all this when he suddenly slumped on me. I shook him a little to look at his face why he fell on me suddenly only to realize he was breathing evenly and sleeping. he was looking handsome and cute at the same time. he was getting heavy so i drag him little while wraping his hand on my shoulder and walking him to the two doors at the end of living room. I still dont know which his room is soo i randomly guessed and opened the room to my right side. luckly it opened revealing a really clean room with a cozy big bed and study table with lots of books and a shelf full of picture, i walked dragging him towards his bed to suddenly stop to notice a picture of me in the shelf of the head rest of his bed. where did he get that picture to be honest i dont know, it looked like a stolen shot. i came out of my thinking zone and bended a little to lay him in the bed slowly.

But to my suprise he pulled me towards him while clutching on my clothes and hugged me. i was frozen in my position. He got comfortable in laying hugging me and placed his face in my neck and sniffed a little and started to sleep. i was blushing all over i dont know what to do. after sometime i tried to push him a little without disturbing but it was difficult because he is hugging he like his life depends on it. i just gave up and positioned my self comfortable. I looked at him and smiled a little and placed a small kiss in his forehead.

My wolf spoke to me sometimes but we never get to meet each other because I never shifted. What should I do to shift ? I really don't know because sometimes it feels like I am a werewolf because I have a wolf but my wolf rarely speaks to me. I feel like she is protecting me from inside but I get her totally because we have gone through a lot to fight in 10 years being in coma. But I think we have to talk a lot and get stronger for ourselves and our mate, like thinking all of this I feel asleep .