CH. I, the gardens of kings

GILDED DRAGON'S BREATH

⎯GILDED DRAGON'S BREATH

✾✾✾

In 101 AC during the Great Council, Lord Matthos Tyrell voted for King Viserys as representative of Highgarden during the Great Council. Years later King Viserys' eldest child, his daughter Rhaenyra had gone on a tour to find a betrothed and spoke with Lord Matthos son, Lyonel who had been of similar age as the Princess of Dragonstone, but the Princess had refused the son of the Lord, and with their pride hurt, Lord Matthos did not wish to support the claim of Princess Rhaenyra any longer.

Not when Lord Hobert Hightower spoke of a son born of Viserys and Queen Alicent, of Oldtown. The Lord of Highgarden would eventually have two more children; Jeyna, who was wed to ser Wyll of House Sloane when she reached the age of seven-and-ten, and his second daughter, Aurora.

Unfortunately, as the second daughter and the youngest child, Aurora did not get anything special. She was not considered a great beauty in Highgarden, not like her sister who had suitors lined up before she was even of age, but none who would wish to wed Aurora. Aurora was always considered a lesser girl in contrast to her sister, by her own father and most of the Highgarden court.

From a young age, Aurora was considered by the standards of court to be a fuller girl, her thighs were thicker, and she did have to have her corset tightened more so than her sister to appear in the magnificent dresses her father would buy. As a young girl she spend a lot of time outside, and her mother always wondered if she was sneaking sweets secretly but none of it had been Aurora's fault, and she did not care she was fuller than most girls, she always assumed she would grow into it when she got older.

She did not fully, her thighs remained thicker, and her hips were wider, which her mother proclaimed was a good thing for childbirth, and it also made her breast to appear fuller, but they had not been as perfectly round as her sister she was always told. All the comments would sometimes get to the young woman, but then she would continue reading her books of far-off adventures and forget anything else happening in Westeros.

Until she was invited to the Red Keep. She did not know why, but she remembered how frantic her parents had been when they ordered the servants to pack clothes for a good while. She had taken her book and read all the way to King's Landing as the wheelhouse shook her from time to time. Just as they almost reached the Keep, her book was snatched from her hands. "It's unbecoming of a lady to read as much as you do" her mother scolded her as she placed the book beside her. "Should I not know about the histories of the Crownlands?" Aurora had asked back; she had a tongue to her that was always a pain to her mother. "Please, for once, behave like a proper lady" her mother said trying to fix her dress and hair.

Aurora swatted away her mother's hands as she huffed in annoyance before the wheelhouse stopped in the outer courtyard of the Red Keep. Her father, Lord Matthos Tyrell, dismounted his horse first, followed by her brother Lyonel before her mother exited the wheelhouse. Aurora took a deep breath before she too got out, her hair had been braided and tied with leather strings as she looked up, gazed at by four people and someone with silver hair who looked like he couldn't be bothered.