CH. II, lannister cunningness

⎯GILDED DRAGON'S BREATH

✾✾✾

Aurora had straightened her posture when she walked to dinner, hoping for an empty space beside Princess Helaena, as she wished to speak to the Princess about how her babes were doing, but instead all the chairs had been assigned with a piece of parchment with names scrabbled on them. She wanted to cry when she saw she had been placed between Prince Aemond, and the beautiful Joylene Lannister. She carefully sat down as her parents sat with the other Lords and Ladies invited, Princess Helaena had been sat next to her husband who was placed next to the Hand.

"Thank you for joining us for this feast, now, a prayer to the Seven" Queen Alicent said as everyone folded their hands and closed their eyes. Aurora took the time to quickly wipe away any stray tears before they were allowed to eat. Servants walked around to help serve the nobility at the table and Aurora kept denying food from being placed on her plate except the smallest piece of meat and some of the famous Crownland salad. She played with a small tomato as she tried to ignore everyone and sink into the floor.

"Is that all you are eating?" Joylene asked as she watched the plate for the young woman beside her, she had seen the way Aurora looked, and made immediate assumptions that Aurora knew was on everyone's mind, perhaps one of the reasons why she had been such an introvert, she never liked being around people because whenever she was, she would imagine people thought the worst of her.

"Yes, I would not be able to eat more" Aurora said, which had been a lie. In Highgarden she took meat, potatoes, and vegetables all the time, but she didn't want to seem gluttonous. Joylene scoffed at Aurora's comment, loud enough for some of the others to look up at the eldest Lannister daughter of Lord Jason, unsure if she was one of the true daughters or not. Aurora held her tongue as she fixed her eyes on her plate. However, someone would not simply bite their tongue and let it be.

"I don't believe you" Joylene said and grabbed her own plate before shoving it all on Aurora's who looked flabbergasted at the action. Aurora's mother looked over and wanted to tell her daughter off for eating so much in front of the Prince no less, as she had not seen the action of Joylene Lannister. "There, that seems to be a good appetiser for you" she laughed, and Aurora found it almost hilarious how her laugh had been as obnoxious as she was. Aurora poked her fork at the meat, potatoes, and some bread that had been dumped on her plate.

She didn't even want to acknowledge it, but before she could even try and start on it, her plate was removed and another was put in its place, with the same two things she had before, some salad and a piece of small meat. She looked up and saw Prince Aemond had switched the plates, she sat on his right side which so happened to be his good side as she looked at the stoic face of the Prince. He remained cold and did not say a word as he switched the plates. He did not eat the food; he didn't even acknowledge Aurora staring at him.

Joylene did notice and huffed at the action of the Prince. Aurora played with the salad again as she hoped she could ignore Joylene now. "Eat" she heard and when she looked up, she saw Prince Aemond look at her. "What?" she stuttered as she looked at the Prince, he had not yet spoken a word to her, so this came as a surprise. "Eat, or you will feel awful later" Aemond said, turning slightly to look at her, he had turned his body, so the left side was open, and she looked at his shoulder. He had done so to see everyone and everything happening at the table. "Oh, I am alright, I am not that hungry, my Prince" she said as she dropped her fork and fumbled with the napkin on her lap. She hated how she had chosen the deep red dress in honour of House Targaryen when the House of the Dragon was currently all in shades of green.