CH. VI, wanton pleasures

GILDED DRAGON'S BREATH

⎯GILDED DRAGON'S BREATH

✾✾✾

Aurora woke up on a cot surrounded by a lot of people as her head pounded inside her skull. She tried to sit up, hissing as she felt something burn on the back of her head. "Oh, my sweet, don't move" she heard the voice of the Queen say, as the voices entered her mind, she heard someone scream, demanding better care and better guards, she couldn't place the voice, but it had been deep and angry.

It had been Prince Aemond, who had been called down from the back of Vhagar when his wife had fainted and hit her head on the armrest as she fell to the ground, her wound had bled a lot, but the Maester was confident it would heal without much of a scar. He had shouted at the Maester for being too reckless regarding his wife, and how he should have been there sooner, and then at the guards who should have been around to see her fall. Before his mother calmed him saying they had a private fitting, and they didn't want anyone to see the lady indecent and wouldn't call for a Maester or knight before she was covered.

Aemond had then strutted towards his wife, holding her face in his hands. "Are you alright?" he asked as she slowly nodded. "My head is pounding that is all" she said as she looked at Aemond who kissed her forehead, affection Alicent had never seen from the King towards her, or Aegon to Helaena believing them to be a far better match already. "How did this happen?" Aemond demanded turning to the Maester as he took Aurora's hand. Fearing if he let go, she would disappear from him again, he blamed himself for letting her meet Vhagar and letting her leave with Erryk as he could have been there to save her.

"It's not uncommon my Prince" the Maester said and Aemond scoffed at him. "It is uncommon for a perfectly healthy young lady to suddenly lose consciousness" Aemond barked as Aurora tried to hush him, the loud voice made her skull feel like splitting open. The Maester furrowed his eyebrows at the Prince. He looked from Aurora to the Prince. "Not for a new mother, most do not figure out how to eat for two; themselves and their unborn babe" the Maester said as he looked at Aurora whose eyes had widen. Aemond stumbled slightly back before looking at his wife. "You are with child?" Aemond asked, his eye darting down to her belly.

Alicent gasped softly, it had now made sense how the Lady had not fitted in her old size, now that she had been with child her belly would grow. "Oh, my sweets, congratulations a true blessing of the Mother" Alicent said walking over, but Aemond did not say anything, and it made Aurora believe he had been cross with her. She had in fact known for a few weeks now, as she missed her moon blood which had been set to come two weeks after the wedding. But she never spoke of it to anyone, it had been early as well who knew if the babe would stay in her belly.

And she had lied to the Prince that she did receive her blood moon, as she made Percia lie with her. "I wasn't certain, I assumed it was stress from the wedding that's all" Aurora stuttered as she looked down, he still held one of her hands as he then brought it to his lips, placing a delicate kiss on the back of her hand. The Queen had immediately ordered the Maester to make sure Aurora received the best care for the coming babe, and she called the servants to prepare nutritious meals for Aurora and her babe. "I would say the Lady is nearing her second moon of her pregnancy" the Maester informed and Alicent nodded.