CH. X, connected vines

GILDED DRAGON'S BREATH

❝the music stopped when the dust settled❞

the music stopped when the dust settled

✾✾✾

Aurora had read about Daenys the Dreamer, who had saved her house from extinction when she had dreamt of the Doom, and she had been convinced Princess Helaena spoke in riddles sometimes because of the same reason. And now she was sure her husband had the same ability.

"Twins?" Aurora asked again as she looked to the Grandmaester and the midwives. "Yes, my Lady, you show the same signs as Princess Helaena did when she was expecting Prince Jaehaerys and Princess Jaehaera" the Grandmaester said. Aurora looked to her belly, she had been in her fifth moon again, and she had been terrified to lose this babe, or rather these babes. Thus, she had gone to the Maesters and midwives to make sure she had been carrying her child well, when the Grandmaester informed her of the twins she carried.

"I know this may come unexpected" the Grandmaester started. "But the midwives helped Princess Helaena through the same, you shall be alright" he said and somehow she did not believe it. "Thank you, Grandmaester" she said before she left the rooms and went to find Percia to ask for a bath to be prepared. Aurora relaxed the most when the water was hot and near boiling, which surprised her the most about her pregnancy as she remembered burning her hands on simply warm milk.

"What did the Maesters say?" Aemond asked, wearing his training gear as he had just left his training with ser Criston Cole. He dismissed Percia as he joined his wife's side. Eager to know what had been said. Aurora watched Percia leave as she turned to her husband. "He informed me I am to expect twins" Aurora said, her voice held no joy but no sadness either, she did not know how she felt about having to birth twins, especially not knowing her belly would be larger now than a regular pregnancy. "Twins?" Aemond said surprised yet pleased. Aurora nodded her head as Aemond smiled.

"I am glad I have pleased you, husband" she said as she looked to Aemond's smile who looked surprised about her reaction. "Are you not?" he asked as he looked to his wife who looked away, down to the swell of her belly which had been submerged under the hot water filled with some goat milk, rose pedals and scented oils with the smell of lavender. "I am frightened" she said as she looked back to Aemond as she rested a hand on her belly. She knew she could be honest with Aemond, for he would never judge her.

"Why so, my Love?" he asked her as he looked to her. She looked up, to surpress her tears from falling down her cheeks, before she took a deep breath and let out a heavy sigh. "I am afraid of birthing two babes, and how it may affect my body" she confessed honestly. Aemond stood up as he went to close the door to the small room they used for their bathing. "Tell me why, why would you fear the way your body affects?" Aemond said as he closed the door and walk back, taking off some of his clothes from his training, kicking off his boots as he undid his hair. "My Lady mother often told me a husband would be disgusted by my belly, if I birth two children it would be only worse, I do not wish to be an aweful sight to you, my husband" she said as she looked to him.