CH. IX, a rose and dragon

GILDED DRAGON'S BREATH

you, my love, are stronger than dragonscales

❝you, my love, are stronger than dragonscales ❞

✾✾✾

Aurora had not known this type of passion could be shared between husband and wife, and she did not even remember a time where she was not wrapped up and around her husband. It had improved both their spirits as was noticed by all at court, but one thing it did cause had been the unexpectedness of it all. Because Aurora tried to spend as much time with her husband, each morrow she would wake beside him and either he would already have his lips connected to her cunny, or she would slowly wake him by rubbing up against him.

She was sure they had tried every possible way to pleasure one and other, and even Aegon had noticed and joked—in his way—to Aemond. Aemond had remained loyal by his wife's side, and they had found a place in their hearts to mourn their daughter, which they did by planting a rose in the garden, one they had named after her and one they would care for themselves.

Their daughter's egg did hatch, and a small pink, nearly red, dragon had emerged from the shell as they cared for the hatchling themselves. They were in utter bliss, until the morning where Aurora had felt like a fool more so than any other day.

Her usual routine of waking up Aemond had been interrupted when she was awoken by the turn of her own stomach as she rushed to something to spill into. The washing bowl which had been emptied and yet to be filled with water had done marvellous as Aurora spilled whatever food had been left in her stomach into it, groaning as she did.

"Is everything alright?" Aemond asked, awoken by the running of his wife through their room, which they decided on when they spend most of their time together, he moved into her room for her comfort as he emptied his old one. When the Hand had complained Aemond had given him a mature and honest answer. "I am a married man now, Grandsire, it is time I left it" he had said as Otto had resisted into arguing with his grandson.

Aemond rose to his feet when Aurora did not answer, hunched over the bowl as she groaned, she had nothing left in her stomach and yet felt like emptying herself anyways as everything made her head spin, from the room to the smell of food coming from the halls. "Did you eat something that upset your stomach?" Aemond asked as she turned away from him. "You do not need to see me like this" she said as she probably looked disgusting. Aemond grinned as he moved himself until he was in front of her. "I do not care, I am your husband, let me take care of you" Aemond said as she rose to her feet, sighing as she agreed before Aemond tucked her back into the bed, placing the bowl next to her nightstand as he placed his hand on her forehead.

"You do not feel warm, that is a good sign, perhaps you need to rest and get some proper food in you" Aemond said as he grabbed the eyepatch and his clothing for the day before he called for Percia, who had been a maid to both of them now. Percia walked in and looked to the Lady, glued to her bed as she tried not to spill the contents of her stomach again. "Bring her some food, please, to regain her strength" Aemond said as he looked to Percia who nodded and gave the lady who she considered a friend a quick look before she went to get some fruits, as she had expected it had been morning sickness. But the moment Aurora smelled the sweet air of the strawberries Percia had been kind enough to bring, she felt like throwing up once more. "Could I have some meat instead, Percia?" Aurora asked, "With some bread if I may?" she asked as she looked to the maid and her trusted friend. Percia nodded as she went to find some meats for Aurora as she stayed in bed the remainder of the day.